Azzurro (Waterloo)

Sutton Walk, Waterloo, London, SE1 7ND - View on a map

Azzurro (Waterloo) Restaurant In London

From the outside, it looks like this is going to be a nice restaurant. I went in with a friend and sat for 15 minutes without even being acknowledged. The restaurant was almost empty. The male waiter who was serving inside spent the whole time socializing. The female who was serving outside watched us sit there, get up from our table, and walk out. Nobody said a thing to us.

I wouldn't recommend this restaurant.

Andrew
Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Went for dinner before a concert in the RFH last Friday.

Food was somewhat dull and tasteless. Very uninspiring, but it wad edible. Which is not surprising given the prices, location etc.

Service was also a bit lax - it was hard to get the waiters' attention and some of what we ordered never came. The table was sticky and we had to ask for it to be cleaned.

So for work canteen quality food that comes quite quickly this is fine, But for a nice meal - go elsewhere.

anyotherbizniz
Saturday, April 21, 2012

I went there a couple of time one year ago before and I found the food average and the service a bit messy..

I checked the reviews yesterday and decided to give it another try as its location (next to the Southbank centre) is quite convenient.

I turned up with a group of 12 people without booking on Friday evening and I was amazed by the prestation provided there.

Food was excellent, service was rapid and the atmosphere couldn't be better..

I highly recommend this restaurant as a lot of positive changes have occured..

I said Bravo!!

Marc, blackFrench
Saturday, February 11, 2012

I went to the Waterloo restaurant on Friday night post the theatre.

The staff clearly wanted to go home and we were badly greeted, the staff were too preoccupied with clearing up instead of serving us. We had to shout for attention for anything we wanted.

The four of us all tried different courses and the food was some of the worst Italian I have eaten, not one of us finished our meals and were glad to get out.

I would hope that had the staff not been so keen to leave we may have had a better meal but certainly don't visit near closing time.

Very disappointing.

Monday, October 24, 2011

This place is BRILLIANT .

ive just started working in the city after moving down from Leeds and my friends took me here for the first time 2 months ago and we love it, we go at least twice a week now !!

The food is so tasty and great value for Money,

Fri and Sat you might have to wait a bit longer but that doesnt bother us , we just chill and enjoy the atmophere, but if you need to be in and out in 15 mins you should go to mac d :)

As for the venue is so cool , being under the acual railway arches create a weird but fantastic atmosphere ,

Reading some of the other review i really dont get how some people are so fussy , moaning because its busy and having to wait 20 mins , For god sake relax and beer first, it take hours to be served up north lol

Cant recomend this place highly enough.
View/Add comments (1)

Ben
Thursday, September 08, 2011

We walked in with our three year old daughter and were eventually taken to a table. That bit was ok. The table was in the far corner of the restaurant down what was basically a tunnel. The table was sticky. The waitress promptly took away all the glasses from the table without a word (presumably as we had our daughter with us). 20 minutes later we were still waiting to order. We then decided to leave (which we've never done in a restaurant before) which was a great decision as there were loads of food stalls with a great atmosphere 5 minutes away. Avoid.

Ben
Saturday, September 03, 2011

Had a meal there sat 20.8.11. The waiters seemed intent on trying to chat up and flirt with the waitresses regurdless of what they where doing. We had one waiter come telling the waitress a joke whispering and laughing in her ear while she was taking our order. I had to ask him if he had finished so i could carry on with my order.The food was ok and came out very quicly but the service leaves a lot to be desired even though i explained we had a tastecard we had to send the bill back to get it ammended

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Avoid this place! Awful awful food.

If you want some sad looking undercooked pasta slopped into a bowl this is the place to go. The risotto was equally bland and cold. Mixed salad was uninspiring and the bread selection boring with cheap packs of breadsticks in plastic.

There are lots of other nice restaurants in this area on the Southbank... pick one of those instead!

Sunday, August 07, 2011

Visited Azzurro yesterday evening. The place was not exactly busy when we arrived and yet it took an age for anyone to approach us to direct us to a table. Once seated, we tried to get some attention to get some menus. We were blanked and had to wait another age to be handed some menus. Staff were unfriendly, ignored us and then hurried us up towards to end to get us to pay our bill and leave. Suffice to say, we did not leave a tip and will not be returning in a hurry.

On the plus side, the food was good and excellent value for money. Decor was very sophisticated and the location of the restaurant is fully accessible, as it is a stones throw away from Waterloo station.

Tasha
Saturday, July 23, 2011

We tried this place for the first time the other week and now go here every week and we all love the place.

We have never encountered any problems and the foods has always been fantastic, yes it can be a little slow at times but what do you expect in a very packed restaurant on a sat night!! never more than 20 min wait though, some people are just too fussy LOL

We love the feel of the place too under the rail way arches just adds to the atmosphere!!

would definatly recommend !!

Mellisa