Azzurro (Waterloo)

Sutton Walk, Waterloo, London, SE1 7ND - View on a map

Azzurro (Waterloo) Restaurant In London

On 30th June 2014 we went to Azzurro Waterloo .We were a table of five. We ordered three ricolore Salads, however the lettuce and greens were limp and they were tasteless, and two of us had the Fusilli Gamberetti that were good. We had two bottles of Borsari Cavernet Sauvignon which was very good and at the right temperature. The coffees were fine too. However, due to an error by the waitress we were overcharged by £49! We realized later having done the sums and contacted the restaurant but they have adamantly refused to reimburse us. Two of us paid our share with cash, (a total of £65 cash plus £4 tip) , so... the mind can only wander as to what happened to this money that was NOT correctly charged. We bitterly regretted having left £12 tip on top of this. So we feel we were robbed and for a very mediocre meal at that! That is five people who will never go anywhere near AZZURRO again for fear of another dishonesty at our expense!

Corina Poore - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, July 09, 2014

From the outside, it looks like this is going to be a nice restaurant. I went in with a friend and sat for 15 minutes without even being acknowledged. The restaurant was almost empty. The male waiter who was serving inside spent the whole time socializing. The female who was serving outside watched us sit there, get up from our table, and walk out. Nobody said a thing to us.

I wouldn't recommend this restaurant.

Andrew
Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Went for dinner before a concert in the RFH last Friday.

Food was somewhat dull and tasteless. Very uninspiring, but it wad edible. Which is not surprising given the prices, location etc.

Service was also a bit lax - it was hard to get the waiters' attention and some of what we ordered never came. The table was sticky and we had to ask for it to be cleaned.

So for work canteen quality food that comes quite quickly this is fine, But for a nice meal - go elsewhere.

anyotherbizniz
Saturday, April 21, 2012

I went there a couple of time one year ago before and I found the food average and the service a bit messy..

I checked the reviews yesterday and decided to give it another try as its location (next to the Southbank centre) is quite convenient.

I turned up with a group of 12 people without booking on Friday evening and I was amazed by the prestation provided there.

Food was excellent, service was rapid and the atmosphere couldn't be better..

I highly recommend this restaurant as a lot of positive changes have occured..

I said Bravo!!

Marc, blackFrench
Saturday, February 11, 2012

I went to the Waterloo restaurant on Friday night post the theatre.

The staff clearly wanted to go home and we were badly greeted, the staff were too preoccupied with clearing up instead of serving us. We had to shout for attention for anything we wanted.

The four of us all tried different courses and the food was some of the worst Italian I have eaten, not one of us finished our meals and were glad to get out.

I would hope that had the staff not been so keen to leave we may have had a better meal but certainly don't visit near closing time.

Very disappointing.