Brick Lane Beigel Bakery

159 Brick Lane, London, E1 6SB - View on a map

Used to live in London and this is the place I miss the most!

Always open ,always busy and always friendly and miss it so much -wish they did postal delivery as I now live up north and nothing compares in fact I have not been able to find anywhere that makes and sells what they do!

Quite simply the best -ever !

Think I need to make a trip to London asap!

tex - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, September 18, 2013

This is one of the places I don't miss when in Brick lane, even if not hungry I always stop and have a look inside, read the menu and order my favourite salt beef or cream cheese beigel.

I would not debate how delicious it is because long line of people can prove that but this bakery have oldest tradition of an excellent service and reasonable prices that draws me to this magical place! I love the way they run this place, strong identity of quality customer service with a smile and hello and I always leave with a happy feeling.

There is no bakery in London that beats this place and there is no day when I am in Brick lane to miss this place!

Eleonora - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, September 05, 2013

as i have grown up around brick lane all my life. some call it the brick but they are just out of towners. you can not beat the salt beef bagel. you can get 2 for the price of one. just has they fill the first one up you ask for just one more plain one with mustard and greens but the coconut cake is the best there.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I've been raised on Beigels, I love them so much Definitely a beautiful snack, loads of lovely cheesecakes and bread. Salt beef beigel is gorgeous

One pet hate when people say BAGEL its BEIGELLLLOLL!!

Jodie
Sunday, April 28, 2013

Living in the East End for the first 25 years of my life, me and my friends always ended up there for a late snack after going out. it still remains a wonderfu; place to finish up.

One thing that irritates me is that it is the BEIGAL bake, not a New york BAGEL deli, so why does everyone adopt the American term. Real East Londoners will always call them Beigals (pronounced Buygals).
View/Add comments (1)

Paul Strong
Wednesday, January 09, 2013

I went down there on Saturday & had the most amazing Salt Beef Bagel & Apple Strudel & got some Onion Platzels to take home - I give it 10/10!

J. Cohen
Monday, September 24, 2012

As to the reviewer that says "best Jewish Bagel" I would like you to know that they are not jewish!

Went there on Saturday - should not be open if they were Jewish.

Anyway to the food. The hygiene was very bad. The food was prepared with their bare hands and the women did not wear hats. The service was so rude that it came a point when I did not want to ask for anything else.

Will never go there again.
View/Add comments (1)

Moosh
Sunday, September 23, 2012

This is the best of jewish bagels. Cheap and very generous portions. The salt beef is out of this world

Paul B
Sunday, September 16, 2012

Any time I'm craving Salt Beef on rye, this is the place I go. I'm from New York so I get cravings for this stuff. But over in the states what is called salt beef in London, is called corned beef in New York. And it's the stuff we use to make Reuben Sandwiches. This bakery is about 40 minutes out of my way, but always worth it. I'm never disappointed and I'm always satisfied. And they load up the rye bread with big hunks of beef.

Unlike that little trendy wannabe place in Covent Garden called Mishkin's where they only give you two little wafer-thin slices of meat on your sandwich and call it a Reuben, this place on Brick Lane piles on the meat. And that's the way this kind of sandwich is meant to be. Yes, and I'm a big fan of English mustard on this bad-boy.

If you're craving Salt Beef on Rye... look no further. This place is the best in London.

Joey - View all reviews by this user
Sunday, February 26, 2012

Purchased a egg bagel from here and I have to say it was one of the worst things I've tasted. The egg was black and it contained way too much butter, the bagel itself would have been better on its own..

gracey