Mirch Masala (Tooting)

213 Upper Tooting Road, London, SW17 7TG - View on a map

Really hopeless and chaotic service, food is excellent though. Bizarre as there were a lot of young men employed by the joint looking very confused. Come on guys deal with the service and this could be a goldmine.

ST
Sunday, October 20, 2013

What's wrong with you people? This is hands down the best place to eat in London. We visit regularly and the service is fab, the food is amazing and it is so cheap. The best thing on the menu are the lamb chops and mix grill, methi chicken highly recommended. We had a great time in mirch masala tooting. The best place ever.

Millini smith
Sunday, October 06, 2013

I took my daughter and niece (visiting us from Cambridge) to dinner at this restaurant on 8 August. It was very busy but we didn't have to wait too long to be seated. So far so good. It was a typical Mirch Masala with rickety tables and chairs but that's all part of the 'authentic' eating experience. Right?

A waiter came along and plonked a measley looking salad in front of us and thereafter we were left alone for some considerable time with waiters buzzing around but seemingly ignoring us. I tried on numerous occasions to catch someone's eye so they could take our order. We noticed that all the diners were given poppadoms but not us.

When I eventually managed to grab a waiter and give him our order specifically mentioning that I wanted all the food to arrive together, we then had to endure another long wait for the food to arrive (still no poppodoms!).

Finally, the seekh kebab and the chicken tikka arrived via a very grumpy waiter. But where were the fried onions that usually accompanied it and why was it on a plate rather than a sizzler which everyone else had on their table? When I protested, the food was taken away without a word and brought back in a sizzler and plonked unceremoniously in front of us without any apology.

Our roti then arrived several minutes later and we then had to wait 5 more minutes before our lamb Karahi arrived. Of course, the rotis were cold by then but there was no point in saying anything. No explanation, no apology, no understanding of a diner's needs was demonstrated by any of the staff at Mirch Masala. On top of that the food was average, nothing special, which coupled with the substandard service did not give us that wonderful dining experience we had been looking forward to.

When it came to paying I was told I couldn't pay by card as their machine was broken. Really? They told me they had a sign displayed on their entrance door but I didn't see it nor was it pointed out to me at any time. They couldn't even take a cheque! As I didn't have enough cash I was directed some 200 hundred yards to an ATM. So there we were, 3 lone females at 10 o'clock at night in an area we didn't know, walking around trying to find the ATM.

Oh, I forgot to mention the loos. Grubby.

All in all a very unhappy experience..... We will not be going back. Ever.

Shafi Nasser
Friday, August 16, 2013

Toilet facility needs to be improved. Very unhygienic to take a child there. Food was very good.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

My husband and I were over in London for a few days and as we love Indian food we decided to try this restaurant out. We thought that the food was excellent (and a lot better than some of the other Indian restaurants we have tried). The service was also excellent and the ambiance very pleasant. We would certainly go back there when we are in London again.

Mrs kamni