Chowki

We are sorry but this restaurant has closed - The Reader Comments are shown for historical purposes only

Couple of weeks back I had made a visit to chowki with my wife while we were roaming around Piccadilly circus. There at the door we were welcomed and offered the sit in the second room after taking our coats kindly. The environment seemed little busy. We were waiting for the waiters to place our food order. We felt something like we were ignored so had to call for one of the staff.

The waiter duly apologized and tried to make us convenient and started to take the order with much attention and decent manner. We started placing our order starting with the drinks and starter then requested to order the meal later. We placed the order for our drinks and the starter and requested to order the meals later. The waiter was so flexible that our every preferences were accepted which made us positive.

We had the meals on our table which we found wonderful in taste and incredible curry on the side. On the mid way of our meal we even ordered some kadak naan for which the waiter instantly went to the kitchen and brought the naan for us exactly what we said. And also the waiter didn't miss to ask us about the food in the middle of the meal making sure of everything despite the busy situation.

Thank you chowki for the lovely food and good service. I would definitely make other visits and highly recommend the place for food and drink.

kamal shah - View all reviews by this user
Saturday, November 05, 2011

On a trip to london, my wife got £40 worth of tesco vouchers to spend at chowkis in denman st london, we ordered two bottles of cobra which were warm, when our starters arrived they were a little on the cold side, but quite tasty. for the main course i had lamb rogan josh, mine was tasty but again not warm enough, my wife had the chicken korma which she did not like at all.

when we came to pay the bill partly with our tesco vouchers, we were told that we couldnt pay with them because we ordered a special promotion, nowhere on the printed menu said it was a special promotion, after a word with the manager we had to itemise everything on the menu, and then pay with our tesco vouchers, over all i would say that it was a disappointing experience.

m evans
Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Horrible food, they claim it to be authentic indian it is a total joke !!

I am an Indian and this place has one of the worst indian food I have eaten in my life more so since they claim to be authentic.

Had the prawn starter and chicken tikka starter, the chicken tikka was bland reshmi kabab rather than chicken tikka and prawn had no taste. The main course of chicken malvani curry was ridiculous, it was a sainsbury's tikka paste with breast pieces thrown in and the Undhiyo was one of the worst gujarati Undhiyo i have ever tasted. Had a 2 for 1 taste card but still paying £25 for this was a waste.

If they claim to be an authentic indian restaurant then they should serve authentic indian food, this was really a joke. If you want good indian food go anywhere else, give this place a miss.

Really wanted to have a word with the head chef but controlled my urge as they are catering to first timers who stumble upon this place thinking it will be good, really don't know who are regulars here ! Hope they read this and improve the food in future ...

sunpete