The Fat Duck

1 High Street, Bray, London, SL6 2AQ - View on a map
Telephone: 01628 580333

Gourmet Chick

Gourmet Chick - 10/10

Friday, May 20, 2011 - I was blown away by the theatrical nature of my meal at the Fat Duck. It was not only some of the best food I have eaten in my life, it was also truly an experience rather than just a meal. I was constantly delighted, amused and entertained by what appeared before me. The fact that such an experience was served in a low key, relaxed environment only made the meal more enjoyable.

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - The magical mystery tour was over, and I loved it. It is true, it did not 'blow me away', but being blown away is over rated. What I experienced was an extremely well thought out menu, with some crazy touches which elevated the whole experience over your average meal. Great produce, intense flavours and flawless execution. And the service was immaculate. Although it took a while for the whole show to kick off, from the minute we were given our first dish, the team worked together seamlessly like cogs in a well oiled machine. Led by Daniel, the gracious Maitre'D, he made sure that the show kept moving forward.

London Eater

London Eater

Sunday, April 25, 2010 - One simply cannot measure this restaurant on the same scale as other restaurants. In that the experience was simply peerless. Nothing in London is like this. It is the only restaurant I have visited which has left me with the annoyance, nay the feeling of unfulfillment, in that I felt as if I hadn't chewed enough to justify a full meal, but at the same time, feeling utterly satisfied. It is a restaurant I wouldn't want to go back, a restaurant that I could not go back to, in order to preserve the mystery, the wonder and the excitement of the first and only visit. This is what - in my humble opinion - makes The Fat Duck experience so special.

+ Show more bloggers