The Banana Leaf

7 Lower Addiscombe Road, Croydon, Surrey, London, CR0 6PQ - View on a map

I went on a normal Friday evening meal at this place since it was near my house. What happened once we went there was a shock. The waiter was not willing to give a table which we wanted even though the restaurant had only 5-6 tables with people out of around 20 tables. Mind you it was a 2 person table only and not a huge one. They were neither reserved as such. The waiter then said you can only sit till other people come....and get the hell out of there otherwise. When I objected he started swearing - wow a dumb guy I thought. I started to walk off and then this guy starts to threaten me with consequences since I asked him to stop using foul language especially in front of my wife. The manager was even worse, started insisting it cannot be that the waiter had misbehaved. Further even when I said that I had been threatened with consequences she wanted to get the waiter to confront face to face - what did she want a fist fight?

Am sure no one would want to go through an experience anywhere leave out at a restaurant. There are loads of better places in croydon, with better south indian food. If you feel like a waiter and his staff to misbehave do make a visit and see for yourself.

MM