Gilgamesh

The Stables Market, Chalk Farm Road, Camden, London, NW1 8AH - View on a map

Gilgamesh Restaurant In London

A nice place to eat although slightly overpriced. We ordered Thai red curry with chicken .. we had to wait to see if the chef would cook the chicken to add the the curry.. then at the end of the night the bill was £72 so I paid £80 cash, never did see my change or the waitress again.

David Edwards
Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Went to Gilgamesh for my friends 25th birthday. It was really classy, the interior design was amazing. Didnít get to see the retractable roof (probably because it was raining outside), however the soothing atmosphere made up for the dull weather. I definitely will be coming again.

Monday, November 04, 2013

Absolutely fantastic food! In my opinion this is one of London's most interesting Pan-Asian restaurants and definitely worth a visit - the thai green chicken curry is to die for! It has a really vibrant and buzzy atmosphere and with my birthday next month I can't think of a better place to celebrate!

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I went to Gilgamesh on a Thursday lunchtime with work friends and was really impressed, not only with the food but the venue Ė I never realised just how big it was inside! We ordered a selection of dishes to share from the dim sum lunch menu as you can order three dishes for £12. All of them were delicious, especially the duck spring rolls Ė one of best in London!

Wednesday, October 02, 2013

I recently moved down to London and am always on the look out for new restaurants to try. My boyfriend's sister recommended Gilgamesh as she knows I adore asian food. The meal was so good - I got the thai green curry which I've been obsessed with since I travelled to Vietnam and Thailand last summer. I have high standards because of this, but Gilgamesh lived up to it. I also shared the chicken gyoza which were super tasty. Plus, the restaurant itself was really cool, and it helped that service was good - we weren't left waiting ages for food. Will definitely go back.

London Girl
Wednesday, August 07, 2013

I really, really wanted to go to Gilgamesh. I love Asian food! Upon arrival we were sat at a table by a lovely lady who welcomed as at the door. After questioning waiter about recommended dishes we went for Thai green curry and beef bulgogi. My Thai green curry was very thick... I have tasted that dish in many restaurants and in Thailand itself and I know exactly how this dish supposed to taste. I was pretty disappointed however I was happy to eat it as I didn't want to spoil a day out with my partner over me being "picky"... It was until he then tasted his beef. It was impossible to cut it with a knife. It was extremely chewy... That was it. I could not believe that a dish recommend as exceptional by one of the waiters tasted like a shoe sole... After that we decided to leave the restaurant. I mentioned that I would pay for my starters however in light of the events I believe I should not have paid for anything. I heard a female waitress questioning another waiter about "what is their d*** problem?". I am not picky and I have never left a restaurant refusing to pay for my food. I certainly wont be coming back. Really bad experiences. Disappointed. I was hoping for a really delicious meal on my birthday.

Paula
Monday, July 22, 2013

I booked the table in advance as we were quite a large group and explained it was my daughters 21st birthday. It was suggested that we could have champagne waiting on the table for our arrival as a surprise for my daughter. I thought this was a lovely touch as it wasnít something I would have thought of myself. The food was excellent and my daughterís friends could not stop saying how incredible the place was. The staff here really went above and beyond for us and the food was exquisite. Excellent

Theo Jenkins - View all reviews by this user
Friday, June 14, 2013

Discovered this lovely place last month and have already been back twice. The best thing about Gilgamesh isnít just the exceptional food and service, but the striking decoration and luxurious furnishing - definitely havenít found a restaurant as unique is this since moving to London. I really recommend the sushi- the ebi and hotate in particular.

Simon
Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I love Gilgamesh. Everytime I go it just get's better. Great place for celeb spotting (I've seen Keith Lemon and Brooke Kinsella there!) Food is amazing. Love it! Top notch

Thursday, April 18, 2013

I had never been to Gilgamesh before and I'm so glad we did, we all had a brilliant night out! We booked a table for 8:30pm which was ready when we got there. We had a round of cocktails and a few dishes to share to start with and then moved onto wine with our meal. The Beef Bulgogi was just to die for! After dinner we went to the club which was buzzing with atmosphere! The whole evening was fantastic! Great food, great service, great night! I think Gilgamesh may be a new favourite of ours!

Katie