The Terrace (Wimbledon)

Centre Court Shopping Centre, Queens Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 8YA - View on a map

The Terrace (Wimbledon) Restaurant In London

My daughter and I went for dinner on a quiet Thursday evening and were seated very quickly however once seated, we were practically ignored until we had to ask the server if it was ok to order!

I asked the server what the difference was between a large salad and a small salad and was told 'the size' in a very offensive tone which made me feel stupid and inferior. I then asked how big is the large salad as I didn't want a huge serving and he then said 'I don't know what you want me to say' he then started measuring sizes with his hands!

Obviously there would be a size difference however I would expect someone who works with the public and in the food/pub industry to have a bit more common sense and people skills and not make the customer feel as if it's an inconvenience to ask a question.

The food arrived and was lovely however the server didn't once ask if everything was ok, or when we were finished, if we would like anything else and quite frankly his attitude was appalling for someone who works in this industry which is a shame as the environment and food are very nice.

Catherine