Malaysia Kopi Tiam

We are sorry but this restaurant has closed - The Reader Comments are shown for historical purposes only

I am sad to see the comments about bad service. I went here this week for the first time. The service was impeccable and friendly. They were all very sweet. The waiter was very patient and helpful in explaining everything and even adapting the dishes to my and my friend's weird requests. (my friend doesn't eat seafood and i don't like pork).

the food was delicious. we had the malaysian carrot cake, gado gado, fried mee noodles and hokkien noodles. the portions were generous and the food was tasty. when i left i decided that this might be one of my new favourite restaurants in london.

prices are very reasonable.

Delores VanCartier - View all reviews by this user
Sunday, October 21, 2012

Not sure how the ratings are averaged. So am sending a newer review as it only takes the last two. This is better than a 2 out of 10 effort based on several lunch visits.

The dishes that succeeded time and again were

1. Chicken Curry Laksa

2. Penang Prawn Noodle (monday).

The service seems quick and the guys are friendly if you go a few times. Downers are that the beverages seem pricey and the video screen is always Rihanna, Britney and Lady Gaga.

bill s
Sunday, February 26, 2012

Convenient Malaysian restaurant if you are in central London. Food passable for price and for cafe standards. Let down by poor serice. Waiters uninterested, lethargic and at times rude. walked out of there last night owing to rudeness whilst ordering and wont be returning. Not to be recommended.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I am a Malaysian and have lived in UK for over 35 years. I wanted to introduce a taste of the Malaysian food to my American and English friends. When we arrived we were ushered upstairs and when we asked for a larger table, we were told that it was not possible. The service was poor and was disappointed with the dishes. We ordered Char Kwa teow, satay, spring rolls, fried mee, boiled rice and noodle soup etc. Nothing authentic and nothing Malaysian about the dishes. I did not feel or taste anything Malaysian. The waiters appeared lethargic, unmotivated and showed no interest to the customers. I will not recommend this place.

Venu
Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

Friday, May 20, 2011 - The hakka mee came with THREE types of pork, and in my books, that's already onto a winner. The sauce was slightly salty, but the pork mince and char siu were nice enough. A small bowl of wonton soup rounded off a pretty huge but satisfying lunch. Having a few tastes of Catty's char kway teow, I was pleased to come across the little lumps of fried pork fat that often run through this dish in versions I have had in Kuala Lumpur. Although lacking a depth of smokiness imbued by a hellishly hot wok, it was filling and moreish. I left pleased and full, a mere tenner less in my pocket.