L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon

13-15 West Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9NE - View on a map

L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon Restaurant In London

In a word….WOW

Ate here about 3 years ago and it was good, however last week returned and it was maybe meal of the year so far.

Sat at the bar and had 8 courses between 2 of us with matching wines and nothing failed to hit the spot.

Butter was the best I have had in London (although the Boundary in Shoreditch is a close second) and the amouse with Parmesan and popcorn was beautiful.

Starter highlight was the poached egg with Bayonne ham, and the quail main was stunning.

Service had that rare quality of being very professional yet they also could appear relaxed and able to share a joke or 2 (I hate the stiffness of so many high end restaurants).

And to top it all I felt it was very good value for money, for what we ate and drank.

Cannot wait to return...

Chris - View all reviews by this user
Sunday, August 10, 2014

We chose L'atelier for its pre-theatre menu and were not disappointed!!!!!! This restaurant is a real gem. We were seated downstairs at the 'bar' which surrounds the kitchen. L'atelier is simply yet beautifully decked out in red and black.

The service is highly professional, friendly yet discreet, the staff knowledgible and enthusiastic.

We began with an amuse bouche of fois gras,port reduction and parmesan foam being encouraged to try a little of each layer together WOW! This was absolutely incredible - a real explosion of flavours.

My starter was white asparagus salad, iberian ham and quails egg with a nut dressing - totally delicious, my other half had the egg and mushroom concoction with mushroom foam served with soldiers, this dish was pure joy a taste of heaven.

Mains were Cod with a boulliabase sauce - this was sensationaI could have eaten more - not that the portions weren't generous enough but because it was just so delicious. The lamb confit on white beans has turned me a dedicated lamb hater into a convert I would have merrily wolfed the lot if my husband hadn't hurriedly grabbed back his plate!

Dessert for me was the pear and chocolate creation which was beyond compare, rich chocolate, pear bavarois and sorbet! Hubby chose the cheeses which again he had to guard to stop me demolishing! We finished with coffees on the terrace followed by a walk to the theatre (a much needed walk indeed)

The whole experience at L'atelier was exceptional, absolutely wonderful and I cannot wait to return. I love good food and was not disappointed in any way at all. A real ten out of ten visit - I can appreciate how it was given its 2 michelin stars. I

Lynda