4 The Polygon, Clapham, London, SW4 0JG - View on a map

Trinity Restaurant In London

Tamarind and Thyme

Tamarind and Thyme

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - My and my brother's Grilled Plaice, Clams, Champ, Butter Sauce turned out to be a humongous portion of fresh seafood and mashed potatoes. That piece of fish in the photo was at least 4cm thick...I still can't believe it was 20 pounds for three courses though and three very generous courses they were too. They may not have been the most refined dishes (gosh, did I mention the size of the portions?) but it was very good value for very good modern British food. It was a lovely long lunch and service was exemplary throughout. Definitely recommended when you're in Clapham!

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

Monday, March 01, 2010 - I ordered some coffee and alongside came a rather generous portion of some of the most delightful nuggets of fudge I had ever tasted. They summed up everything I loved in this place. Simple, unpretentious food, well executed, beautifully presented and made with care and attention. My companion's 'celebrity' goggles were on and spotted Jean Baptiste, maitre'D of the F Word, dining happily in the center of the room. I am sure if he had dined here a few months earlier, it would have been a shoe-in for best local restaurant. My local and I love it.