4 The Polygon, Clapham, London, SW4 0JG - View on a map

Trinity Restaurant In London

My party was not the usual for a dead good local restaurant but we felt like VIPs, the service by all who work there is so good. My dad was on crutches, my sister had brought a pushchair and sleeping baby and I had brought my pram and not sleeping baby. Did Trinity staff bat an eyelid? No. Did they mind when my baby cried for a minute, before I fed him? On the contrary, there were no tense smiles and one waitress cunningly put my plate an inch or two further away from me, out of my baby's reach. And their food is inventive, beautiful to behold, seasonal and delicious. We were the only party with babies. One or two smart business lunch tables and the rest, like us, friends or family, who know a good thing. Busy for a grey day in Jan. My first time but I'll go again, perhaps without the baby... so I can give the food my full attention.

Thursday, January 08, 2015

Good meal with colleagues and enjoyed food. Our evening marred as we asked for tap water throughout. No jug supplied, just one small glass. Staff seemed to fill up some glasses with water looking similar to the bottles of their filtered and chargeable at £2. Most of us managed to hang on to our tap water and drink lemonade or coke. We were disgusted that our £550 bill had £2 charge per head for filtered bottled water we had all specifically requested we did not want.

Seeing we spent lavishly, that small meanness and mis-billing by trinity has left a sour felling of being conned and we will not return again because of that one issue.

I advise you to ensure they bring your tap water in a jug so you don't get conned into paying for pricey 'filtered' tap water

Shame to have this happen and be charged for tap water.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Excellent once more.

Great food, very filling and the wine is reasonably priced.

Well worth a visit if you are in the area.

Dicky Barton
Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Trinity is something of a local, being 15 min walk away. And it's a real gem, that we've been back to time and time again. The food is always outstanding, the staff warm and friendly and the wine list reasonably priced. Plus, I have never been rushed.

We took the chef's table on Saturday night, for the tasting menu plus matched wines. The pacing was perfect, food and wine complimented each other extremely well, and the staff attentive and informative without being overbearing. The ten of us had a great evening. Everyone commented on what a fantastic restaurant it was.

I cannot rate Trinity highly enough.

Louis SW11
Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Tamarind and Thyme

Tamarind and Thyme

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - My and my brother's Grilled Plaice, Clams, Champ, Butter Sauce turned out to be a humongous portion of fresh seafood and mashed potatoes. That piece of fish in the photo was at least 4cm thick...I still can't believe it was 20 pounds for three courses though and three very generous courses they were too. They may not have been the most refined dishes (gosh, did I mention the size of the portions?) but it was very good value for very good modern British food. It was a lovely long lunch and service was exemplary throughout. Definitely recommended when you're in Clapham!

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

Monday, March 01, 2010 - I ordered some coffee and alongside came a rather generous portion of some of the most delightful nuggets of fudge I had ever tasted. They summed up everything I loved in this place. Simple, unpretentious food, well executed, beautifully presented and made with care and attention. My companion's 'celebrity' goggles were on and spotted Jean Baptiste, maitre'D of the F Word, dining happily in the center of the room. I am sure if he had dined here a few months earlier, it would have been a shoe-in for best local restaurant. My local and I love it.