Trinity

4 The Polygon, Clapham, London, SW4 0JG - View on a map

Trinity Restaurant In London

My party was not the usual for a dead good local restaurant but we felt like VIPs, the service by all who work there is so good. My dad was on crutches, my sister had brought a pushchair and sleeping baby and I had brought my pram and not sleeping baby. Did Trinity staff bat an eyelid? No. Did they mind when my baby cried for a minute, before I fed him? On the contrary, there were no tense smiles and one waitress cunningly put my plate an inch or two further away from me, out of my baby's reach. And their food is inventive, beautiful to behold, seasonal and delicious. We were the only party with babies. One or two smart business lunch tables and the rest, like us, friends or family, who know a good thing. Busy for a grey day in Jan. My first time but I'll go again, perhaps without the baby... so I can give the food my full attention.

Thursday, January 08, 2015

Tamarind and Thyme

Tamarind and Thyme

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - My and my brother's Grilled Plaice, Clams, Champ, Butter Sauce turned out to be a humongous portion of fresh seafood and mashed potatoes. That piece of fish in the photo was at least 4cm thick...I still can't believe it was 20 pounds for three courses though and three very generous courses they were too. They may not have been the most refined dishes (gosh, did I mention the size of the portions?) but it was very good value for very good modern British food. It was a lovely long lunch and service was exemplary throughout. Definitely recommended when you're in Clapham!

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

Monday, March 01, 2010 - I ordered some coffee and alongside came a rather generous portion of some of the most delightful nuggets of fudge I had ever tasted. They summed up everything I loved in this place. Simple, unpretentious food, well executed, beautifully presented and made with care and attention. My companion's 'celebrity' goggles were on and spotted Jean Baptiste, maitre'D of the F Word, dining happily in the center of the room. I am sure if he had dined here a few months earlier, it would have been a shoe-in for best local restaurant. My local and I love it.