Theo Randall

The InterContinental, 1 Hamilton Place, London, W1J 7QY - View on a map

Theo Randall Restaurant In London

Went on 6th July with 2 others friends. The reservation was for 19:30 but called them we will be late. Finally got there at 20:20.

Got a booking that came with a glass of Prosecco but was never served. Written to them twice until now (14/Jul) still no reply.

The food from the start to the end was fantastic. The value was reasonable. No complaints at all.

But the service was poor. We ordered beer and the bartender brought the bottle and glass to the table and left. Are we supposed to pour ourselves?

When we were served the bruscestta as starter the crunch and mess were scattered all over the table cloth but they never bother to clean it off.

Unlike at Wild Honey, everything was perfect.

Benny Lim - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Theo Randall was the surprise hit this year. I don't know why I was surprised because I still remember the glorious white onion risotto and amazing wines I had there nearly 10 years ago. It was quite new the first time I went; the tables were very far apart and the whole ambience quite frosty. I guess that and the fact that it's in a hotel pushed it off my radar, though I never forgot that risotto.

10 years on, it's all changed and they've got the room just right. The reason it came back into view was because it was recommended as a safe place for coeliacs to go for a treat. And treat it is. It's a lovely stylish relaxed convivial place to be where there is room to breathe. The staff are pitch perfect. There when you need them, not when you don't. Knowedgeable and helpful. Mr Randall was hard at work in the kitchen.

I say all changed, but yet again I had the most amazing risotto - courgette this time. Another of our crew declared it to be the best dinner he had ever had. The wine list is interesting, thought it does quickly scale the heights. There's plenty available by the glass. To be honest, there were no duff notes. Everyone of a party of 6 thoroughly enjoyed everything we had and loved the place. You can't say that very often. Our meal worked out on average £55 per head for 3 courses plus coffee, but only two of us were drinking (a glass with each meal including the dessert). So not cheap but not OTT either.

This goes firmly in the small list of places you can depend on for a special dinner with no awkward moments, even with someone with a severe allergy..

Saturday, May 02, 2015