Cookbook Cafe

InterContinental London Park Lane, One Hamilton Place, Park Lane, London, W1J 7QY - View on a map

Cookbook Cafe Restaurant In London

I booked this restaurant for a business lunch during the week. I was disappointed. The room is totally anonymous business hotel atmosphere that caters only to those who are stuck in the hotel. It was also quite empty.

The buffet concept seemed to be a reason for the service to be totally absentee and the buffet was sad - not at all the bountiful feast that I had expected given the other reviews. Very boring salads and not that much choice. Perhaps the weekend fare is better but I would stay away for lunch unless you are stuck in the hotel.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Loved Brunch at the Cookbook Cafe, it's on the expensive side at £50 without discount but I haven't managed to find anything as good in London.

Food was great quality, the Market buffet table with meats, various cold fish (crab, prawns, smoked salmon etc) and assorted vegetables was excellent although I found the Sashimi disappointing with little flavour. They also could have been a little quicker on the breakfast station with the eggs taking a little while to come out. I didn't have a pancake but the waffles were a generous size and tasty.

Mains were delicious; sharing platters of perfectly cooked lamb, fish pie and noodles which were all well received by our group of 10.

The dessert table was well appointment with Pavlova, Cheesecake, Macaroons...

We were a large group and found drink service was a little slow at times but staff were very friendly and fairly attentive.

Drinks were plentiful with three bellini choices and sparkling wine included in the deal and various cocktail options on the menu which were priced at a reasonable £3 and £4. Tea, Coffee and Water were also inclusive of the base price.

I won't go to Cookbook cafe every weekend but I will be back.

Monday, October 10, 2011