The Ealing Park Tavern

222 South Ealing Road, London, W5 4RL - View on a map

The Ealing Park Tavern Restaurant In London

i visited the EPT the other night with my girl friends and it was lovely, the atmosphere was amazing and the serves inpeckable. I had a charming Australiian waiter, which i came to find out later was the Restaurant manager there and has been for a few months now.

The food was outstanding, i had the salted chicken, followed by the crumble.

I highly recommend you get down there and enjoy the same experience with did.

Mary - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, October 04, 2011

About 5 years ago, this place was amazing, lots of specials, changing menus, simple food cooked nicely - sadly it's not anymore. It also used to be packed for sunday lunch, a bit of a sign I think.

It wants to be a gastropub but the food is not quite there (despite some nice bits). The massive chalkboard, which used to be filled with changing specials, now just has the same three roasts as on the menu. Only the pork belly was off, but they didn't tell us until we ordered. A table sat down next to us, ordered the pork belly and it was not problem, apparently it had come online in the intervening ten minutes.

I ordered soft shell crab on crunchy veg because I wanted something light...the menu didn't mention the fact it was deep-fried (whole) in batter, I'm still feeling totally full and a bit sick 5 hours later.

To sum up: It's not terrible but it's overcharging for pretty standard food.

Didn't see any of the service that warranted 2 star reviews here, but I certainly didn't see any food that warranted 10/10. Whoever wrote those reviews either is friends with the m/ment, feels very sorry for them or needs to get out more.

CM
Sunday, July 17, 2011

I went to EPT last night to have dinner with friends. The gent who served us was insistent we order wine before we had even decided what we wanted to eat! We had to wait a very long time for the food which was okay we were in no rush. When it did arrive it was nothing great considering the price. Again our server kept coming to the table to check if we were finished. He even lifted my friends wine glass which she had not finished.

We went for a relaxing evening to catch up but the servers’ intrusive manner made us feel uncomfortable. My friend eventually had to say something and the server was so rude saying ‘I have not been at your table for 15mins!” Unbelievable! I watched him go and tell one of his colleagues and his manner for the rest of the evening was just rude!

I won’t be going back. EPT it is such a shame that you cannot get good staff.

Roisin Walsh
Saturday, July 09, 2011

Last night my wife and I brought our son and his fiance to the Ealing Park Tavern, to celebrate their engagement. Although it is our local we had only had drinks in the past, and never took advantage of the restaurant. What fools we were.....The food was absolutely amazing! I never expected the quality to be as good, and couldn't have been more pleased. It was a very last minute decision to come for dinner hence my call to book a table only an hour in advance requesting a table for four at 7:00pm. Unfortunately there were no tables available at that time but the gentleman on the phone did recommend that we come in and he would try to accommodate us as best he could. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a young American gentlemen, who explained that it was he, that I had spoken to only a few minutes before and he had set aside one of the 'walk-in' tables for us. We felt like celebrities, and my wife even commented saying, "We must be in the VIP section." This is where it started to feel really special for us.... He took us to a very nice table in the area he called 'the snug' , pulled out the chairs for the ladies, and offered to take our jackets and hang them for him. It made us feel really welcomed. He offered us something to drink, whilst my son and I browsed the Wine Menu. After a few moments, he returned and with some bottled water, and proceeded to offer his recommendation for both starters and mains, reminding us to leave room for the dessert. On his recommendation I decided to have the 'Miale Tonata' starter as did my wife, and my son and his partner had the Oxtail Ragu and Mackerel Pate. All I can say is FANTASTIC! Lots of flavor and texture. We cleaned the plates in their entirety. For mains my wife and I both had the plaice,with the other two going for the Trout and the Chicken respectively. The gentleman's recommendations could not have been better, had they been scripted. He spoke with such enthusiasm and sincerity, it would have been criminal to ordered otherwise. After a couple of minutes (time well used to digest our meal) we were offered the dessert menu. We declined to order anything and asked for a few minutes to relax. There were lots of smiles at our table, and having caught the attention of our server, he asked if we were celebrating anything, and we told him about the engagement...he was off with a shot, and initially we thought that something was wrong. He returned a moment later holding a chocolate mousse offering it to the happy couple to share, as his treat! We were stunned, so much so that we decided to order a bottle of champers as a treat to ourselves. The restaurant was absolutely packed, but we never felt as though things were out of control. At times our server appeared to be wearing 2 or 3 different hats, but always appeared just when needed. When we finished our meal my wife and I went to the bar and asked about him, that we found out he was actually one of the managers, and his name is Halo (not sure if I heard that correctly)! His service was second to none, and his team would do well to follow his lead! We have eaten in may establishments over the years, and have to say based on our experience last night, The Ealing Park Tavern is quite possibly the best we've had! Great food, and service beyond compare. Thank for making the night a very memorable one.

Jasper R. Cobb
Sunday, June 12, 2011

have been to the ealing park tavern a few times now, its nothing better than a fullers chain to be honest, but its my local and need somewhere to drink. a few points that i would like to make clear to the first time customer.

the food is not Fine dining as the manager told me the other day. the price of beverages are a bank loan job and some of the "management staff" are very rude.

i came in a few weeks back to have a quiet drink whilst running over my books, first of all i asked a young lad behind the bar if there was a wireless connection within the building that i could use as i was aware of the EPT connection. He was extremely useful and explained to me that he would ask the manager if it was possible to connect me. he came back 2 or 3 minutes later and explained to me that there was a connection and that his manager said i would be able to connect to it. he could not locate the wireless so again he went to ask again how to find it. not long later he came back again, and fiddled with my computer after asking me if he could take a look. and seconds later explained that he thought the router had possibly jammed and would ask the manager to reboot it. he was gone for some few minutes but i wasnt bothered by that as he had convinced me of a late and i was sipping on it, keeping my self to my self. when what i could only describe one of the rudest people i have ever heard tell the boy 'Tell him im not a Broadband supplier!' to which the boy felt he had to explain to me that the internet was down, to which i promptly left the pub.

i came back last week for swift half on the way to a meeting to only find that the same manager was working. i choose not to raise my concern about his ill manor in which he treats his guests.

i do not know weather he realised i heard his conversation with the bar man in my previous encounter. but there is a sure fact, if this is how Ealing Park Tavern talk about their guests, then im not suprised it looks so run down.

if your comfortable with this sort of behaviour and are looking for a quite place to drink then this is your type of establishment but if not i would steer well clear!

its a shame, as about 4 years ago the pub was live and kicking and was an enjoyable place to be no matter the occassion.

Martin Rhodes
Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I'm not sure where these other reviewers have been eating, but surely its not the same place which my partner and I have just visited this past Sunday! We called in the morning and asked to have a table at 8:00pm. We arrived about 15 minutes early and we pleasantly greeted by a gentleman. We asked if it was ok to relax in the bar for a bit and then move into the dinning area at our leisure. He was very helpful and told us to let him know when we'd be ready and he'd make sure our table was waiting. We were given a dinner menu to review in advance of sitting. There was a nice young lady in the bar, who asked if we'd like to have a drink while we waited, and even offered a choice of wines. Having moved from the bar into the dinning area we were shown a lovely table in the window. There was a nice buzz, and although slightly busy it looked well managed. The gentleman who seated us, offered to take our coats and hang them for us (we graciously accepted) and then informed us about the specials that were on offer for the evening. Another young lady approched the table and sked if we'd like to have water to go with our meal, and proceeded to take our order. I had Pate to start and Roast Lamb as my main. My partner had Oxtail Ragu as his starter and Sea Bass as their main. We thought the food was fantastic, and good value for money. We declined to have dessert, (as we were stuffed beyond measure) but are hoping to return, and perhaps have the dessert first and work our way to the starters. I have to say there has definately been a change in management style and you notice it from the moment you walk in. The staff are friendly and efficient and seem to go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable. I'd recommend this place to anyone who is looking for quality service and value for money, which we all know is hard to get in the same package. Whatever they are doing at the EPT should be bottled and sold. We hope to be back in the near future. Jayson and Tracie

J. Saunders
Monday, May 16, 2011

Visited the Ealing Park Tavern this weekend (third visit) with my husband and daughter (whose boyfriend is a chief in a Michelin star restaurant. I’ve got to say the food gets even better – Friendly services, lovely cocktails and from starter to pudding the food was more than excellent – 10 out of 10 at the very least

Susan Ainsworth
Wednesday, May 11, 2011

This must be the worst restaurant I have ever been in. Three times in 12 month and the same story no sea bass. Last night the food was tasteless bland. I will not be going back
View/Add comments (1)

sean daly
Sunday, May 08, 2011

Have been to the Ealing Park Tavern few times and enjoyed it, BUT last night I experienced the WORST service I have ever had at any venue. I chose the Ealing Park Tavern as a special place to take my parents for their last meal with us before flying back to Australia. As I'd been to TEPT a few times and enjoyed the food and service I was looking forward to a great night out. As a previous reviewer said, management appear to have changed. On arrival we were early for our 8pm reservation so thought we would have a drink at the bar. MISTAKE...There were lots of staff behind the bar and I noticed one man peering at me from further back. He seemed to be dressed as restaurant staff and didn't actually come up to me so I politely asked if I could order some drinks - his sarcastic response was "well this is a pub..." his tone was rude and he smirked at his joke. I was embarrassed and taken aback but carried on. I asked for a white wine for my mother but he was less then helpful, he started flicking through the wine menu and throwing questions at her. I asked for a gin and tonic. He fumbled around behind the bar and announced they had run out of gin and would have to go down to the cellar. (By this stage, it seemed my opening question was valid!) I said could we have the rest of the drinks while we wait which he managed to provide amongst chatting to other staff  before disappearing to the cellar. I left my partner to get his gin and tonic and took my parents to find a nice place to sit in the bar. When the gin arrived the guy asked my partner if he wanted lemon or lime. He asked for lime and was brought lemon - this was sent back. The garden and bar did not present well. My parents were uncomfortable and at 7:30 the place felt run down and downmarket with mostly young students.

We decided to get out of the pub and go to our table. The restaurant manager told a waitress to take us to table 3, we follow her into the restaurant and were left standing there as she served another table. I asked her where we were supposed to go - she told me the manager had told me. Quite how I was supposed to know where table 3 was I don't know. Again she was rude and argumentative from the start. We somehow got to our table and had some menus thrust at us. By this stage we all felt roughly and rudely treated and felt the evening had been spoiled. We decided to leave and go to The Plough instead. We told the waitress we would leave because we were not happy with the service we had received since we arrived. She seemed happy about this and asked no questions so I asked for the manager. He listened and was apologetic and said the bar man would be dealt with. He offered a free bottle of wine and said he would wait on our table himself. We decided to stay after he appeared to want to make our night a success. We enjoyed the food although the "hand cut" chips were like burger king fries. However, when we asked for another bottle of wine, the rude bar man from earlier appeared at our table and dumped a bottle down in an ice bucket, twisted off the top and stomped off. When the manager saw this he was apologetic again and said there would be words. I think by this stage the man had an idea we had complained and, in surly looks, and in this display, he made his feelings known. We had had a few drinks by this stage and saw the humour in the Faulty Towers nature of our treatment. We started to wonder what would happen next! After the meal we were offered coffee before being shown any dessert menu (rather odd but went with it). As my father paid as a treat for us, I'm not sure what was taken off the bill but I think he paid the service change which was a shame. Although the manager did try to put things right, I will never set foot inside the place again. I will make sure everyone I know avoids it as well. A shame since it would be good to have the old Ealing Park Tavern back as a quality, local pub and restaurant. The bar and restaurant appear to be separate as they have separate managers - I think they need to work together so bar staff don't deter the restaurant customers.

S pearce