Chelsea Brasserie & Bar

We are sorry but this restaurant has closed - The Reader Comments are shown for historical purposes only

I'd eaten here once before - a pre-theatre main-course only - and so was determined to come back for the three courses

This is now one of my favourite restaurants in London - I hope word doesn't get out TOO much because at the moment it's possible to get a booking at short notice.

The food was outstanding - I had dressed crab with horseradish to start with and my partner the Tuna Sashimi - absolutely delicious and wonderfully presented. The fillet steaks we had next were cooked to perfection (rare and medium-rare) - soft like butter along with a really good, homecooked-tasting bearnaise sauce. The only negative of the whole evening were the french-fries which were a little hard / not cooked long enough. Deserts made up for this - can't quite remember exactly what we had now as too much wine was flowing - but they were seriously good.

Above all though was the service - the head waiter/sommelier really knew his stuff but was able to tell you what you needed to know i.e. which wine would really compliment your meal. Two other waiters were also extremely friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcomed. We all know how frustrating it can be to spend a small fortune on a meal but not get good service in return.

I shall be returning here for both business and pleasure - please keep up the good work!

James