Sappho Meze Bar

9 Clapham High Street, Clapham, London, SW4 7TS - View on a map

Can I start by saying I only tend to review if a place is truly great or truly dire, let me leave you to be the judge.

Like this so called restaurant I will start you off with a little themed joke, as I am afraid from then on it is all down hill

(The Greek government are stopping the production of taramasalata and humous in order to avoid a double dip recession.)

To sum up the experience, The food was a Greek tragedy, the place was as clean and inspiring as a goat herders hut, the owner had all the charm and customer skills of a Stavros Basil Fawlty

but to top it all off we were overcharged by about £23. This left me feeling somewhat shafted in a way the Greeks are also famous for.

I know they have a problem with the national debt, but why do I have to be the one to pay it back.???

Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Brilliant food, great value and most importantly (and unusually for London) a wonderful friendly atmosphere and host who is happy to chat. A wonderful hidden gem that I bring all my friends too!

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

This place is amazing !! - my sister kept saying to me she'd found this lovely little Greek restaurant and i must come and check it out - well... i was blown away - the whole place is excellent, the service superb and the food is exemplary !! - you really feel like you are on holiday - the owner is a real character with a wonderful accent and his recipe's are right from the heart of Greek home cooking - i don't know what he puts in his cooking but everything is exquisite ! -don't expect a large posh place - this restaurant thrives on its simplicity - that's its charm. All in all a great experience and once inside you are transported to being beside the sea !! - only when you step back out onto North clapham high street you realise you are back in the real world !! - check it out, it really is rather good - especially when you recieve the bill !! - dont know how he does it !

Alexander Abadzis