The Cinnamon Club

The Old Westminster Library, Great Smith Street, London, SW1P 3BU - View on a map

The Cinnamon Club Restaurant In London

Another wonderful visit to Cinnamon Club, perfect cocktails and service and the food is amazing!! and Vivek is just lovely! unfortunately we can only visit once a year, so see you next December.

Irlean Jackson
Sunday, December 01, 2013

Excellent venue for groups, business meeting and couples. Went there first for a business meeting which was hosted and thoroughly enjoyed. Second visit was with my partner on the occassion of our second anniversary. Simply Indian where you can actually taste the flavours of each ingredient.Love the whole Modern Indian concept in the old westminster Library near London eye, house of parliament and westminster abbey. That makes it perfect location for tourists.

Shonaki - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Table was booked for 9pm, weren't seated until 10:30pm.

Canapés promised to bridge the wait never arrived. Service was very slow, though the food is excellent!

Hadn't expected to finish our meal at midnight. At least they took a round of drinks off the bill...

If the service were sorted, this would be a great restaurant. I wouldn't book for second sitting here.

Christoph
Sunday, January 27, 2013

Let me start by saying that the food here is superb. It knocked the spots off any of the food I have had in any other Indian restaurant in London. In fact, it was one of the tasiest meals I have had in a long time.

The service, on the other hand, is an absolutely unmitigated disaster. It took 40 minutes to order, and it was an hour before the starters arrived. One of the starter dishes was wrong and needed to be replaced - not much of an apology, but the replacement did at least arrive fairly promptly.

I can't compain about the speed at which the main arrived, but then it started to go wrong again. Another hefty wait to order dessert, which again took longer than one would normally expect to arrive. At the time of ordering desert we had asked for coffee to follow. The dessert plates were cleared away. We waited. We waited some more. We asked where the coffee was, we were told it was coming. In the end, I had to get up and walk half way across the room to ask a waiter where the coffee was. It arrived shortly after, stone cold.

At no point did I get the feeling that any member of staff was in control, or cared in anyway about the quality of service that was being delivered. It was clear that we were displeased, but at no point did anyone apologise.

It should not take more than three hours to eat a three course meal and coffee. It is, in fact, testament to the food that our evening was not completely ruined. I will not, however, be going back for a second round.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My girlfriend and I treated ourselves to the taster menu at The Cinnamon Club for our year anniversary. We were both really looking forward to it, but it was a crushing disappointment.

Although the service (and wine choices) were superb, the food itself was very poor and certainly not worth the £75 per head we paid.

The first two dishes were decent enough, but, as the meal progressed, the food got progressively worse - to the point that my partner couldn't eat the lamb (too chewy), the prawn (tasted of a fishmongers = not very fresh) and the venison (very, very salty.)

I swallowed everything down as I had paid so much money, but it was not a pleasurable meal. We ate at L'Enclume a few months previously - the bill was less than The Cinnamon Club and the food was on another level entirely.

With wine and service, we ended up paying just under £260 between us. Shocking really.

Matt K
Friday, June 15, 2012

Extremely disappointed, the food is way over priced for the quality. I am a restaurant connoisseur and reviewer, and I can assure you that this is no better than your average Indian take away. The location is great, too bad the building is not edible...

J. Molina