Red N Hot (Euston)

37 Chalton Street, Euston, London, NW1 1JD - View on a map

Telegraph

Matthew Norman - 8/10

Monday, August 09, 2010 - Hot and sour soup was lively without being blistering, though by then the numbness may have spread from lips to taste buds, while crescent-shaped pork dumplings drizzled with yet more chilli oil were gratifyingly plump and juicy little darlings...'Tender bean curd with minced beef' was a squishily intimate delight, but best of all was an enormous bowl of fish and pickled vegetable soup, served unusually as a pudding, the delicacy of the sea bass counterbalanced by a sharp and savoury broth that worked its magic on the nasal passages as well as the sweat glands.

Worst experience ever. The waitress took our order, brought one item and went to have dinner (in front of us) while we waited for our food for more than 30min. After interacting with 3 more people when we finally realised that we are never getting our food on time we asked them to get whatever was ready as takeaway so that we can go home and eat in peace. No one in the restaurant understands English, so when we asked for a plate the manager brought us the cheque. After paying the bill, when we tried to tell the manager that it was not a good experience, he literally ignored us for couple of times!! Worst restaurant experience I have ever had in London. Avoid.

Balamurugan Soundararaj
Saturday, May 10, 2014

Bellaphon

Bellaphon

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - Mr Noodles' choice of special fried chicken with dry chilli and cumin- another brilliant dish, I didn't mind sweating like the proverbial gnawing on those deep-fried chilles! Fish soup with pickled vegetables- not a patch on my previous visits, lacked the acidity of the pickled greens. The sea bass fillets were perfectly cooked though...I'm not convinced that the old kitchen cooks of Snazz Sichuan have been retained here in its entirety, the dishes I ate lacked the wow factor. But as tossup between its neighbour Chilli Cool and Red N Hot, I would go for the latter.