Lalibela

137 Fortess Road, Tufnell Park, London, NW5 2HR - View on a map

Lalibela Restaurant In London

Tasty food with nice Ethiopian decoration but.... (all the rest negative things)

We had to go to the waitress to tell her that we are ready to order, she didn't come to us.

I ordered for a beer and tap water but only the beer arrived straight away, I had to remind them about the tap water.

Then, after half half an hour I told the waiter, "it's been half an hour and our food is still not here" and he replied "it's coming".

After 15 mins more (45), I told the waitress, "I've been waiting 45 mins and our food is not here. If it doesn't arrive in 5 mins I will pay for the beer and leave". After I said that they brought us the food straight away, with the rest of the customers staring.

I cannot complain, the food was tasty, but it was overpriced, it was a bit like Spanish tapas, but 11-12 pounds each. You have to pay extra 1.55 for every piece of bread that you to eat the food with.

The waiter was very rude when he was receiving money, he came next to me with the credit card unit, without me calling him, and was waiting for me to pay him.

MLKS
Sunday, May 20, 2012

Went to this restaurant for first and for sure last time.

Food itself was good and tasty, but the service was beyond bad.

First of all, we were greeted at the door like they didn't want anybody there.

Next we got seated and received menu, but nobody came to ask if we were ready to order food or at least drinks for over 15 minutes.

When we finally got the order in, we waited for 45 minutes to get our food.

While waiting for food, we ran out of drinks, but nobody was willing to serve another round for us. Therefore we had to eat the food without anything to drink...and that sucks. Even after I ordered another round of drinks, we never got them.

Marko