Four Seasons Chinese

12 Gerrard Street, Soho, London, W1D 5PR - View on a map

food & service are totally awful !!!

12.5% "discretional" service fees will be charged, cannot be deleted.

A waitress said,"Don't come if you don't want to pay the service fees".

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Went here today with a friend, and have to say it is appalling service... or rather, no such thing as customer service around here. They were grumpy, judgemental and pushy. Didn't greet or say thank you to us. compulsory to pay service. brought us "complimentary oranges" when we were still eating our mains, then the bill immediately when we finished (but haven't even started on the oranges, not like we wanted to eat them). they didn't check if the food was OK with us, immediately assumed my non-oriental friend didn't know how to use chopsticks (I mean, they could just bring a spoon as an option, instead they were like "spoon or can you use chopsticks") Near the end of what they thought was us finishing the meal, he said to me "you're not ordering anything else, are you" and refuses to serve in english just because I was oriental. I knew how to speak chinese, but with my non-oriental friend I wanted to keep her in the conversation, instead they were super pushy and stereotypical.

They also forgot to bring my soup which was meant to be a starter, obviously no idea what starters mean and also brought our mains about 10 minutes apart which meant my food was getting cold while trying to wait for my friend's food to come so we can eat together.

This place made pretty nice roast duck and I usually get take out, but this horrible dine-in experience or disrespectful staff leaves me not wanting to come back. They obviously take advantage of the fact they're in chinatown, a tourist populated area who most likely won't come back anyway.

Simply put, if you come here expect a very average meal for about £10-£15 minimum with an uncomfortable atmosphere of waiters who stare at you till you speed up your eating and leave so they can get the next people in and make more money.

lilcutiekiki - View all reviews by this user