Terrace Grill & Bar

Le Meridien Hotel, 21 Piccadilly, London, W1J 0BH - View on a map

Terrace Grill & Bar Restaurant In London

I'm not one to normally rave about hotel restaurants but The Terrace Grill truly is a place in the heart of London's west end that really offers supreme quality in an upmarket eaterie.

We had a bookatable deal and arrived a little late for our booking at 6.30pm on a Friday. We were greeted very warmly and sat by the window. To start it was quiet but half way through our visit plenty of people had arrived. Our waiter brought us our glass of Prosecco (part of the deal) with an unexpected salmon appetiser which was a lovely surprise & gave us a flavour of what a great treat our dinner was going to be. I had the perfectly cooked ham terrine with deliciously rich ducks liver pate & home made piccalilli. Beautifully rich flavours that packed a punch and left me savouring every morsel. This was followed by a perfect main course of Surrey farm beef on bed of red cabbage & mashed potato.. The beef was perfectly cooked and again I savoured every bite. My friend had the trout with pak choi for her main and I tried a mouthful too.. It melted in your mouth, also delicious. To end our fabulous dining experience we both had a caramelised chocolate creme with walnut icecream... Heavenly!

My friend is from Hong Kong & used to eating great food so I was hoping that our dining experience would live up to her expectations... I needn't have worried because the food in here is of supreme quality, you could tell the chef had thought of perfectly wonderful dishes beautifully presented and with flavours that really complimented each other. The restaurant itself is really gorgeous, it was evening but with all the glass windows I could imagine how perfect it would be on a sunny day as well and the ambience was perfect - very relaxed but it felt special with great friendly waiters. I shall definitely return with friends, for business or indeed a romantic dinner... This place ticks all the boxes.

Bee Lopez