The Ship

41 Jews Row, Wandsworth, London, SW18 1TB - View on a map

The Ship Restaurant In London

I can't believe there are no recent reviews for this place! It's not exactly my local but I've spent MANY happy evenings and lazy Sundays here. The food is several notches above your standard gastro pub fare. They cook fish really well, the BBQ is great, the burgers are amazing, AND the prices reflect the quality they dish out. The terrace is always packed at the weekends so get there early and settle in. I can't recommend this place enough!

Gemma
Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Having heard so much about this place, I went down to the Ship on a sunny Saturday evening. It certainly attracts a crowd and was difficult to get seats but we found one eventually.

For dinner they only had barbecue menu available so I ended up having the most overpriced burger of my life and a friend having the most expensive but average grilled tuna. I've never paid £12 for a burger that was this average and small to boot. The grilled tuna was something like £15 but was a tiny piece with some average salad. The beers were lukewarm to add to the overall impression.

Really wanted to like this place but can't see myself ever returning. Very disappointing.

Soo
Monday, June 27, 2011

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

Sunday, February 05, 2012 - Not only is this a great pub for drinking, but it's also a great pub for eating. Spending some time looking through the menu, you can see that a lot of thought has gone into the menu here and I guess it's no surprise that the Ship has become a blogger favourite, hosting events and feeding us to the gills...Fancy something decadent, a little foie gras perhaps? Maybe partial to an excellent Sunday roast. Probably a bit much, let's just settle for a frankly mindblowing burger.