Efes 2

175-177 Great Portland Street, Fitzrovia, London, W1W 5PJ - View on a map

Efes 2  Restaurant In London

I had not been to Efes 2 for over 2-3 years and was was recently invited to join friends for an evening out. I would have preferred to get a takeaway and invite friends round to my house for the evening. I cannot believe how much the standard has dropped in this restaurant. This is certainly not a restaurant that I will be visiting in the near future and would certainly not recommend to friends and family as this restaurant does not cater for this.

Absolutely appalling.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

I booked a table at this restaurant as i have been here before, but not for a very long time 2-3years. i was expecting dancing live music and good food. but unfortunately didn't get a chance to try all these things due to the fact the head waiter very rude with a lot of attitude.when people go to a restaurant they expect a certain type of service cause after all our hard working money is paying for a bit of gratitude not ATTITUDE!

When asked to change seating area he was very difficult about it and rude even though he had plenty of empty seats.

This is my first review and my last hopefully i would not recommend the service or the attitude of the head waiter, unfortunately this restaurant used to be good but.......I don't recommend this anymore.

p.s he overcharged on the bill but we didn't let that attitude or very poor service spoil our night and we had a great night in another restaurant.

Monday, January 30, 2012

We have been to this restaurant several times and have brought large groups of people. We have no complaint with the food, service or entertainment (except on each occasion the waiter forgets to bring coffee and needs to be reminded and the music, especially by the female singer is far too loud). However, on our last visit in November 2011 they added 4 extra set menu meals and 3 bottles of wine to our bill. Because of the noise, low lighting and the way the bill was set out we did not see the error until we got home. It took nearly 4 weeks and several phone calls to recoup some of the overcharging and that only consisted of the 4 meals and part of the service charge. We never received a refund for the 3 bottles of wine that we did not consume.

Efes 2 is a great restaurant for special celebrations but a warning - SCRUTINISE THE BILL VERY CAREFULLY before you pay.

Nikita Lane