Sakonis (Harrow)

5-8 Dominion Parade, Station Road, Harrow, London, HA1 2TR - View on a map

Sakoni harrow have Ferrari cutlets on the menu. As far as I understand and remember, Ferrari means that people who are fasting can eat this item. On my recent visit to sakoni harrow, I was thinking to order this item as I was fasting. I asked one of the waitresses if the fried mogo chips which they served was fried in clean oil, she said it's not fried in clean oil, she said it's fried in the same oil which everything else is fried in. Luckily I asked about the 'So called Ferrari cutlets' she said the 'Ferrari cutlets' are also fried in the same oil as everything else is fried in which has onions and garlic etc. I approached the owner of sakoni, I asked her if the cutlets and mogo chips could be fried in clean oil for me. She refused. She said the same oil is used for everything. I then told the owner that they should not write 'Ferrari cutlets' on the menu because that's very misleading. Because clearly the item is NOT ferrari. Anyone who fasts and may consider ordering the 'So called Ferrari cutlets' please think twice.. I told the owner that they should just name the item on the menu as 'Mogo cutlets'

Shriti gadhia
Monday, April 03, 2017

It's over a year since I last reviewed this restaurant and I have been back quite a few times since. I am shocked at the low ratings it is still getting. Harsh critics!

Okay so I am not an Indian so can't make comparisons with home-style indian cooking. But I enjoy food and carefully decide where I eat food and spend my money. The food at Sakonis is delicious and lovingly prepared. It is very much a canteen style restaurant to know what you expect. The food is lovingly prepared and well presented. There is a lot of choice. Staff have been lovely and are attentive at replenishing the food. They're really sweet and helpful at explaining what everything is and are happy to make your visit as happy as possible.

The comments about the size of some bread portions being small and plates/bowls being small are unfair. It's obviously to minimise waste. The whole point is that you can have as much as you want. Just fill your bowl up again!

I was introduced to Sakonis by a local friend who took me there and loved it.

Now, I make a two hour journey to from East London to Harrow and back to visit Sakonis as a treat and have dragged friends there with me every time - all of whom have been back or have asked to go back together.

Sakonis is a unique place in London. I hope they keep up the good work and I for sure will be coming back. (as often as my waistline allows!)

Delores VanCartier - View all reviews by this user