Sakonis (Harrow)

5-8 Dominion Parade, Station Road, Harrow, London, HA1 2TR - View on a map

It's over a year since I last reviewed this restaurant and I have been back quite a few times since. I am shocked at the low ratings it is still getting. Harsh critics!

Okay so I am not an Indian so can't make comparisons with home-style indian cooking. But I enjoy food and carefully decide where I eat food and spend my money. The food at Sakonis is delicious and lovingly prepared. It is very much a canteen style restaurant to know what you expect. The food is lovingly prepared and well presented. There is a lot of choice. Staff have been lovely and are attentive at replenishing the food. They're really sweet and helpful at explaining what everything is and are happy to make your visit as happy as possible.

The comments about the size of some bread portions being small and plates/bowls being small are unfair. It's obviously to minimise waste. The whole point is that you can have as much as you want. Just fill your bowl up again!

I was introduced to Sakonis by a local friend who took me there and loved it.

Now, I make a two hour journey to from East London to Harrow and back to visit Sakonis as a treat and have dragged friends there with me every time - all of whom have been back or have asked to go back together.

Sakonis is a unique place in London. I hope they keep up the good work and I for sure will be coming back. (as often as my waistline allows!)

Delores VanCartier - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, October 30, 2014

Shall not go there again, it was good before but now there is no variety at buffet. Food quality is really bad now. Potatoes is everything. Service is horrible. Would avoid now.

Soulfood - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, October 16, 2013

We have been ordering take-away for years, but since the time the new managers have started working here our take-away orders are always incomplete. They mix up the order or miss out items or some items are incomplete for you to have a full meal. When you ring to complain, the answer is that please come back to pick up items that are missed out. They argue saying that we (THE CUSTOMER) should have checked the order - we are supposed to check our own order before we leave the premises. I do not understand why are they in that position if we are to do their jobs! They argued with me tonight as when I had ordered Bhel-Puri, there was no Puri with the order and no chutneys with Crispy Bhajias and said have it free next time. Why was this ordered today? When I questioned him that why do you always mess up the order he told me that if you not like our service you can take your custom somewhere else. What an attitude he showed and put the phone down on me.

I FEEL SORRY FOR THE OWNERS AS I BET THEY DO NOT HERE OF ANY COMPLAINTS OF THE CUSTOMERS

MY ADVISE EITHER DO NOT GO OR ASK THEM TO CHECK YOUR ORDER IN FRONT OF YOU

Saturday, June 29, 2013

I think this is the worst Indian restaurant I have been to in London. The quality of food is even worse than tesco value food, there is no taste, food is dull and to top it all it is very expensive as well. We first tried the sakoni's special chaat, believe me there was nothing special about it, but worst of all was its chinese food, the sichuan noodles looked like some cheap noodles cooked horribly wrong and veg manchurian gravy was stinking to the core. I would definitely not be going there again.

Akki
Thursday, April 18, 2013

I was taken here by a friend last week and I had a really wonderful time. The buffet was amazing. There really was a lot of choice of dishes. So many, that I couldn't even taste them all. it all looked delicious and fresh. Because they don't put buckets full of food out, but just smaller containers that they keep topping up as and when needed, the food in the buffet is always hot and fresh.

As per the comments of the reviewer below - it is true that the puris are mini size. But how is that a problem in an all-you-can-eat buffet? You can take as many as you want to eat?

For me the smaller size is perfect in fact because it means that I could taste a little bit of as much as possible.

£14 is not cheap for a veggie buffet, but the quality is good. The staff is so friendly, and the food is delicious. It was a special treat and worth every penny. I will be going again and bringing my friends!

Delores VanCartier - View all reviews by this user
Friday, March 15, 2013

This place has really gone downhill in terms of taste but the prices have gone up! Recently went for an evening buffet which was shockingly priced at £14!!, Ridiculous for a vegetarian buffet meal. The food certainly looked the part but most of it tasted bland and a couple of items did not taste right. I did mention this but nothing seemed to be done about it. Every guest at our table of,10 gujerati people, was dissapointed with the buffet in some way. I also noted that the bowl and puri sizes have reduced, Will not be returning.

Saroj
Saturday, October 06, 2012

Absolutely amazing!!! there is no better restaurant i have been to, the best service, food as well as value for money!!

Sunday, December 25, 2011