Sakonis (Harrow)

5-8 Dominion Parade, Station Road, Harrow, London, HA1 2TR - View on a map

It's over a year since I last reviewed this restaurant and I have been back quite a few times since. I am shocked at the low ratings it is still getting. Harsh critics!

Okay so I am not an Indian so can't make comparisons with home-style indian cooking. But I enjoy food and carefully decide where I eat food and spend my money. The food at Sakonis is delicious and lovingly prepared. It is very much a canteen style restaurant to know what you expect. The food is lovingly prepared and well presented. There is a lot of choice. Staff have been lovely and are attentive at replenishing the food. They're really sweet and helpful at explaining what everything is and are happy to make your visit as happy as possible.

The comments about the size of some bread portions being small and plates/bowls being small are unfair. It's obviously to minimise waste. The whole point is that you can have as much as you want. Just fill your bowl up again!

I was introduced to Sakonis by a local friend who took me there and loved it.

Now, I make a two hour journey to from East London to Harrow and back to visit Sakonis as a treat and have dragged friends there with me every time - all of whom have been back or have asked to go back together.

Sakonis is a unique place in London. I hope they keep up the good work and I for sure will be coming back. (as often as my waistline allows!)

Delores VanCartier - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, October 30, 2014

Shall not go there again, it was good before but now there is no variety at buffet. Food quality is really bad now. Potatoes is everything. Service is horrible. Would avoid now.

Soulfood - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, October 16, 2013

We have been ordering take-away for years, but since the time the new managers have started working here our take-away orders are always incomplete. They mix up the order or miss out items or some items are incomplete for you to have a full meal. When you ring to complain, the answer is that please come back to pick up items that are missed out. They argue saying that we (THE CUSTOMER) should have checked the order - we are supposed to check our own order before we leave the premises. I do not understand why are they in that position if we are to do their jobs! They argued with me tonight as when I had ordered Bhel-Puri, there was no Puri with the order and no chutneys with Crispy Bhajias and said have it free next time. Why was this ordered today? When I questioned him that why do you always mess up the order he told me that if you not like our service you can take your custom somewhere else. What an attitude he showed and put the phone down on me.

I FEEL SORRY FOR THE OWNERS AS I BET THEY DO NOT HERE OF ANY COMPLAINTS OF THE CUSTOMERS

MY ADVISE EITHER DO NOT GO OR ASK THEM TO CHECK YOUR ORDER IN FRONT OF YOU