Masa

24-26 Headstone Drive, Wealdstone, Harrow, London, HA3 5QH - View on a map

Masa Restaurant In London

I took my family for the first time to this resturant. Food was OK nothing special wow about it, they only had a gallon of oil in their kofteh, however their kebab was ok, again no wow. Their price is not cheap for the food they serve you but ok. They charge 12% service charge without giving 1% service which to my opinion is not fair. I guess it was the first and last time I went there. Would I recommend it to anyone else, I guess you should get the answer from my review. Cheers all.

Bruce - View all reviews by this user
Monday, July 15, 2013

Today i visit with my friends but I was so disappointed, the staff was careless and food was also tasteless and not fresh.

Shakila Ahmed
Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I have been ordering food from Masa for several years now and have also eaten at the restaurant a few times, yet I hadn't made the effort to review my numerous, wonderful experiences until today. Shame on me!

Masa is a true gem and, to my mind, the only striking feature in the concrete drabness of Wealdstone. All of the food is great but it is the curries in particular that stand out: buttery daal and tender chicken karahi flavoured with star anise and a lip-smacking sauce to name just two. The naans are delicious and light are often included with the main dish, along with a salad and naan. I also love the HUGE portions of rice mixed with vegetables (the Tarkari Palow). There's also a version with lamb in it, which I've never had but I'm sure is equally delicious.

Service is fast and very pleasant and the environment relaxed. The owner is a lovely gentleman who will kindly offer you a complimentary cup of green tea while you wait if you have popped in to collect a takeaway. If you are dining in then I recommend that you dine later on in an evening rather than earlier as this appears to be when most of the native Afghan crowd turn out and the atmosphere gets going.

I summary, I adore Masa and hope to continue to be a customer of the restaurant for many years to come. If only there were more local places like this!

NK
Monday, February 13, 2012

I have been to Masa many times, with a wide variety of friends. All agree that the food is superb and the portions very generous. Moreover, the prices are extremely reasonable, especially as they allow you to take your own wine and they do not charge corkage. The staff are all very friendly and the proprietor, who is there occasionally, is very gracious.

The lighting and decor could be more appealing (I write as a white Brit), and some of my companions have found the TV distracting; but these are minor complaints against a restaurant which is the best thing in Wealdstone, if not in Harrow.

Huw
Saturday, January 07, 2012

AMAZING!!!!

the comfort, food and service, equally amazing.

will absolutly recommend, and will most certainly be back again!.

Beri
Thursday, September 22, 2011

Tamarind and Thyme

Tamarind and Thyme

Friday, June 01, 2012 - These dumplings were lukewarm but extremely tasty with their meaty filling. The special sauce seemed to consist of yoghurt and a mild chilli oil with even more minced meat. We scooped up the extra special sauce with what bread we had leftover...This was the star of our meal. The rice was absolutely gorgeous, cooked in lamb stock and studded with sweet plump raisins and carrot shreds. The lamb was plain and yet still tasty and not at all overly gamey as some lamb can be. On the side, we also had a salad and some of the best lentils I'd had in a long time.