Santa Maria del Sur

129 Queenstown Road, Battersea, London, SW8 3RH - View on a map
Telephone: 020 7622 2088

Santa Maria del Sur Restaurant In London

Santa Maria is one of local restaurants and I've held off going for a special occasion so we went tonight to celebrate a new job. Sadly our experience was not great and we left feeling disappointed and like we'd spent a lot on an unimpressive meal. The stand out parts of our meal were the salsa criolla and the smoked red pepper. We ordered chips - steak and chips being a winning combination - but they were overly large, under cooked and no better than what I can create myself at home. The steaks - the main feature of the meal - were perfectly good but didn't stand out for me or my partner, which was a real pity.

The service was the real downer for us. It felt like no effort was made to put us at ease or help us answer questions about the menu. When we asked for an aperitif that wasn't available, there was no suggestion of what else might be unavailable ("we've only got the mojito" was the exact phrase), and no alternatives were suggested despite asking for help. We felt rushed and like we were in the way.

We're big fans of London steak restaurants but sadly can't recommend our local. Back to Hawksmoor Air Street for us.

Fiona McKenzie