Harbour City

46 Gerrard Street, Soho, London, W1D 5QH - View on a map

The food was mediocre at very best. A dish had to be sent back to due it being too salty. The service was painfully slow and the staff were extremely unfriendly. Paying took forever, and bill was written out by hand in such a way that it was very hard to read. After making sense of the bill and calculating it myself, I found out that I had been over charged for my meal. Never returning and wouldn't recommend it.

A D
Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Went to China Town the other day and came to Harbour City based on a friends reccomendation however was quite disappointed. The seaweed was extremely bitter, the squid was very bland and the pork dumplings were borderline average. The only thing that was of any taste was the Singaporean noodles and special rice, besides that everything was either bland and tasteless or extremely mediocre. Didn't come all the way to China Town to get terrible, overpriced food. My local chinese takeaway has much better food for a much more reasonable price quite frankly. Will not be returning to Harbour City.

Valerie
Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Rude rude rude. Save yourself the stress and go somewhere else for an enjoyable meal out.

The food is average.

I'm Chinese myself but the service here is truly mortifying.

The good reviews on here must have been written by the staff as how an they say the toilets are nice!? Filthy. Pungent and in good need of a refreshment. Perhaps the restaurant should spend their money on a better chef as well rather than pocketing the profits.

S. Wong
Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Won't be going again. Ordered set meal. Starters oversalted. Duck overcooked.

Waiters over exuberent. The plates were being cleared before we had finished eating. Felt that 30 minutes was our maximum time at a table. When bill came it was difficult to understand and still think they overcharged us. Waiters not able to explain how it was made up. Toilets need a refurb. Glad to get out.

Jeanie
Sunday, April 22, 2012

We have been going to Harbour city for over ten years, with our three children, relatives and friends. The staff have always been courteous and the food wonderful. It has become a regular fixture for when we are visiting London.

Marc Hamilton - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Not only were the prices ridiculous for the quality of the food, but the place was FILTHY (the bathroom reeked and there was a thick layer of dirt on the sink). The food was unexceptional. The staff was a nightmare. When we asked for details about one of the items on the menu, the waitress started to yell and said something incomprehensible. When she brought the rice, she put it violently in our plates, spilling some of it in my bag, and some in my friend's boots. She then collected the plates and almost smashed them in anger (I don't know why) and practically threw the card reader on the table. An awful place. It ruined a perfectly good day.

We have spent about £25 each on average-sized portions. When we left, we turned around the corner and found a nice looking bistro with fixed prices. (£6.50/person). I regretted not going there.

Julia
Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Very tasty! Me and a friend went the other week at it was incredible -- five dim sum dishes for about £8 each to me SCREAMS value for money, and it was ever so tasty. Average dim sum dish around £2.30-2.50, the only thing I would say is that Chinese tea was expensive at £3.00 a pot. I am ticking down the days till I can go there again! Staff were exceedingly polite, thanking me, and seeing we were okay, refilling our tea water... WOULD RECOMMEND.

Becky