Papaya (Ealing)

161 Northfield Avenue, Ealing, London, W13 9QT - View on a map

Came here on saturday evening with friends We all enjoyed the food. i had mutton cutlets which tasted great and for the main i had chicken thali which was excellent I found it to be a nice surprise from the usual indian, we found the staff to be very good and the food arrived very quickly so no problems there but the restaurant needs redecorating. but that would not stop me from going back

The food is really great and the service flawless. cooked to order and personal taste. Really helpful staff as well. Thoroughly recommended.

Blaze fernandopulle
Thursday, January 30, 2014

Having Sri Lankan roots I got excited about the reviews that this restaurant was getting. So I decided to have a take away from there. I had a lamprais and crab claws. The claws were the frozen ones that they had just bought in and the lumprais tasted about as authentic as a sunday roast with a moroccan sauce and five spice. The mutton curry tasted like they had made it using gravy granules and the lamprais was absolutely packed with cardamom and curry leafs. I actually counted them and I had 26 curry leafs and 16 cardamom pods. I will not be going back, so disappointed.

Neil
Friday, September 27, 2013

I first discovered the delights of "Papaya" cuisine at the Rayners Lane restaurant (sadly now closed).

Even though I now have to drive 30 minutes to the amazing new "Ealing" restaurant it is worth the wait. The food is even better then I remember it in Rayners Lane.

The owner has obviously "upgraded" the new "Ealing" restaurant, with its sophisticated blend of traditional / contemporary design compliments the stunning food beautifully.

Lets face it the food is the most important thing, and this is the closest you can get to traditional Sri Lankan cuisine without jumping on a plane and heading to Columbo.

If you are fed up with the all too familiar "Anglicised Curry" go to Papaya and taste some authentic Sri Lankan Cuisine !!!

If you have not tried Papaya I can't recommend it highly enough.

Hods
Monday, November 26, 2012

Wow what a little surprise in the heart of Ealing! My sister had booked this place for an anniversary dinner for my parents who love Sri Lankan food. We're local to Ealing but had never tried this place out.

We booked on a Saturday night and when we arrived at 6pm the restaurant was already busy. Despite that the staff were very friendly and accommodating and our food arrived promptly.

We opted for mainly Sri Lankan dishes and I went with the Beef Colombo, Lemon Rice and Sri Lankan roti. The dishes were excellent - well flavoured and not too spicy although we were given the option to get them hotter if we were feeling adventurous (which we weren't!)

The restaurant had a stylish decor and a great family-friendly atmosphere. My parents liked it so much they're going back there this weekend to try another of the plethora of dishes!

Faiza Hussain