The Blue Olive

12 Station Parade, Cockfosters Road, London, EN4 0DL - View on a map

The Blue Olive Restaurant In London

Not as trendy as Deserie nearby but lovely staff, solid fare and a good atmosphere on a weeknight. Greek salad was nicely presented and kebabs charcoaled very nicely.

I cannot say it is the most fancy of restaurants and the food may lack a certain delicacy, but if you want a reliable place for standard Greek dishes and a trusted place where you know what you'll get, this is the one.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I loved it, best restaurant ever, love it better than the rest!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Had a fantastic meal here last night. Buzzing atmosphere and lovely staff who went out of their way to ensure our children felt welcomed. This was our first visit and I will most definitely be going back!

Emma Parsons
Sunday, November 11, 2012

Went with friends and the food was neither present well or tasty. Just piled on the plate! Waiters didn't seem to care. Won't be going back! Not what you'd expect from a Greek restaurant.

Eva
Wednesday, May 02, 2012

This restaurant will go down as one of the worst eating experiences ever!

The vegetarian selection was poor though while my meat eating colleagues were able to have a wider selection their dishes looked like the food had seen a few days - reheated and very greasy. The vegetarian moussaka was like eating a sponge. The salad was limp and the kalamata olives were awful. I normally love kalamata olives but I think I have been put off them for life.

The waiter asked how the food was - when we gave some honest feedback in a very polite manner he did not respond in a very customer friendly way, I was asked after a while whether I would like something else - I asked for a dessert - again the quality was poor. I ordered a double expresso - this was just like filter coffee put in a small cup.

No attempt was made to understand our dissatisfaction and no concessions were offered. The bill was really high- no breakdown was made of the individual items orderd. The staff avoided eye contact with us when were leaving the restuarant and did not see us to the door.

We do not intend going there again -neither will any of my friends.

virtual val
Wednesday, May 02, 2012

The Blue Olive is one of if not the best Greek restaurant I have been to in the UK, We have one nearer to us which is about 15 miles round trip that we can use but my wife and I choose to drive 110 miles round trip to get to the best restaurant going. We have never had a bad meal, I once had a brandy which didnt to me taste nice and it was changed for another in a flash.

I dare say that there will be times when something goes wrong with the service i.e loads of people pop in so staff have to tend to all so orders may be a little slow, but we have never had a bad time there.

Andy - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, January 25, 2012

blue olive is the best greek restaurant in london i go there every week ,i disapprove with the bad comment , I LOVE BLUE OLIVE i had chicken it was cooked perfectly

maria