Amici

205-209 Kennington Lane, London, SE11 5QS - View on a map

Amici Restaurant In London

BEST ITALIAN EVER!!! must go! i took a few of my friends to this place for the first time for my birthday, the food was delicious! and the service impeccable, very friendly staff and great ambiance! I strongly recommend this place! Also at the bar they make incredible cocktails tailored to your taste! just say what you like and they will make it happen :)

CI5
Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I always like to read reviews as long as they are balanced and objective.

So I was very surprised by comments made by previous reviewer (does he work for Pizza Express?) Pizzas at Amici are cheaper than Pizza Express and better. See below.

When she was younger, my daughter was a great fan of Pizza Express so I have eaten enough of them to be able to compare. Last week, my daughter and I went to Amici, in Kenington for the first time.

We had a very nice Dinner, sitting outside in the restaurant’s large courtyard enjoying the sunshine. It is a heaven of peace right in the centre of London and completely enclosed so very safe.

To start with, my daughter had a plate of Spicy Calamaretti. The portion was large for a starter and finger liking tasty. I had 12 oysters (Yes, Amici serves oysters which come from West Mersey in Essex ( they have a great oyster bar on the coast see westmerseaoysterbar.co.uk)

As a main course, we both shared a Diavolo Pizza at £9.60 (at Pizza Express it costs £11.65) and Veal Saltimbocca. The pizza dough was nice and crispy at the bottom while the veal was perfectly cooked, not dry which is often the case.

We could not eat anything else after that so we just enjoyed the sunshine and the wine….

Yes, Amici is also a wine bar with a carefully selected list of wines most of them available by the glass, so we enjoyed a different glass of wine with each of our dishes. On the menu, there is a wine suggested to accompany each dish which is helpful.

We shall certainly be back to Amici (It is not just a pizza place but a very good Italian neighbourhood restaurant reasonably priced)

Bill