Le Chardon (East Dulwich)

65 Lordship Lane, East Dulwich, London, SE22 8EP - View on a map
Telephone: 020 8299 1921

Le Chardon (East Dulwich) Restaurant In London

I went to this restaurant for the third time last saturday (treat for grandaughter) thought i would give them another chance. hell no, will NOT be going back. rude staff that's when they can be bothered to come to the table. service charge is a joke what service, the creme brulee was like scrambled egg, gave it back, would not take it off the bill.

lily
Thursday, February 11, 2016

I recently had very nice lunch at this restaurant and will go back there, no doubt. Service could be better; atmosphere is the quiet type (mid-week examples), unless you like quiet spaces (sometimes).

NW
Friday, August 29, 2014

I have eaten at this restaurant a number of times in the last three years, both at lunch and in the evenings. On every occasion the French bistro style menu has been excellent and the choice great. The food served has been consistently good on all occasions over the years and service usually decent.

I am however sad to report that I will never be dining at Le Chardon again after my experience last Saturday. A regular user of GroupOn, I bought a voucher for Le Chardon giving me money off the final bill. What I didn't buy however was to be argued with at the end of my meal by an overly officious and aggressive restaurant manager. From nowhere my boyfriend and I were accused incorrectly of ignoring the Ts&Cs of the voucher and when we tried to explain the situation we were argued with further and continuously talked over. Despite speaking camly and quietly the manager responded to us with a raised voice more than once. Quite an amazing experience to have the proprietor of a restaurant talk to you like you'd just stolen from them and refuse to back down or apologise even when confronted with Ts&Cs of a voucher. Needless to say it ruined what was a lovely evening and I urge anyone planning a relaxing dinner to avoid this place like the plague.

As the old saying goes.....The customer is always right, except when you're the Manager of Le Chardon.....

Tuesday, July 22, 2014