Cafe Consort

We are sorry but this restaurant has closed - The Reader Comments are shown for historical purposes only

Perhaps things have improved since these reviews (mainly in 2008). Dropped in there with a friend in the break between a Prom and late night one. Shared an exemplorary chicken liver pate followed by steak sandwich - very tender and juicy. With a good glass of red wine we (both foodies) felt it had been a great experience! Service was a bit chaotic but they were coping with heavy onslaught of covers in the short break.

Having suffered years of appalling food availability at the Albert Hall I was delighted to find this venue.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cafe Consort is THE worst restaurant I've ever been to. I asked for a Smoked Salmon Starter and a Chicken and Potato dish. I asked to have Potato Wedges instead of Cold Potato in Mayo. When she brought the food, clearly, didn't think and brought the Chicken (the main meal) first. I asked "Doesn't the starter come first?". She replied says that she thought it is 'one whole meal'. I didn't want the main to be cold so I cancelled the cold Smoked Salmon Starter and ate the Chicken. I asked for the potato in mayo to be replaced. In all the other restaurants I've been to, they've always replaced something. However, Consort clearly didn't.

I was very disappointed and left Consort with an empty stomach.

Anthony Maffei - Woodford (London)
Thursday, July 28, 2011