Rimini Restaurant

354-356 Green Lanes, Palmers Green, London, N13 5TJ - View on a map

This has got to be the worst restaurant in Palmers Green, poor service they are more concerned at cramming everyone in than offering a good service. We paid £17 for a lamb cutlet dish and we were presented with 3 tiny cutlets and 2 potatoes, when we pointed this tiny portion out the waiter came back with 1 extra potato. my poor boyfriend was still hungry when he finished ( and he's not a large guy ) so when we complained and pointed this out the owner suggested a pasta dish which we thought was an apology on behalf of the restaurant...but noooo.... he charged us for this too and was not embarrassed at all.

We should have known better as we were disappointed here before as have all of my brothers and their families and a group of my girlfriends but hoped it had improved in time but alas no. If you have any restaurant standards at all I would steer clear of this greedy, totally average Italian and go to Pizza express where at least the customer comes first or if you want an excellent meal with a warm friendly high standard of service pop round to Valentino's on Aldermans hill!

Louise Hannah
Monday, November 04, 2013

I have been going to this restaurant since 1997, its brilliant, food, service, value etc. The new restaurant has a very bright and vibrant atmosphere. I love this place and would eat here every day.

They are happy to accommodate large parties & service is great.

John
Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Decent food. Good service. Reasonable prices. Bustling atmosphere. Very good 'local' restaurant.

Gary
Saturday, June 22, 2013

A number of friends with small kids and my family visited Rimini and had an average time. I used to visit the older Rimini further along the road which was always more rustic and you could see the pizza being made at the front in the window. The new place doesn't have that rustic feel and although they are fairly child friendly they fall short on many fronts. They don't have a childrens menu and when you ask it's almost impossible to understand the waiters. I knew they didn't but thought they may have added one due to the bigger restaurant. They have no kids drawing sheets again..thought they'd move with the times and finally there were very few smiles on the staff we came across which makes the experience feel sour...these are 3 things that Pizza Express down the road excels at and you just get a better environment for kids.

The food....well this really isn't as good as it used to be. The standards have slipped and rather than being wholesome food it's lacking taste. The pizza is dry and seems to be lacking sauce so you feel your simply eating bread and the chicken dish I had lacked taste and the chicken was a little tough. Infact everyone in our group required various sauces to add taste to the food. Drinks are also very limited and when asked about drinks we wanted we simply got a no with no asistance on other options.

There is no dessert menu either and service is extremely slow. We ordered the kids food first hoping it would arrive before our starters...and found our starters arrived first. Which meant the kids had to wait feeling hungry. There appears to be a lack of professionalism in the staff, and if they carry on this place will dive just like the numerous restaurants that have been in the same place before.

In the meantime I'll be going elsewhere.

Shaun - View all reviews by this user
Friday, May 17, 2013

We have been going to Rimini for over 10 years and our kids grew up visiting Rimini at least 3 to 4 times a month. It is owned and managed by a family and the brothers are frequently on the floor or the kitchen. It has a unique personality, with a friendly, family like atmosphere which I have not found in other Italian restaurants in the area. We live in Winchmore Hill and have visited most Italian restaurants in the area. Some seem up market, but you get the feeling that you are getting ripped off. The pricing in Rimini is reasonable and the food just the way I like it. We are comfortable at Rimini and it feels a part of us. I no longer need to look a the menu, and order my favourite, a glass of Rose and one of the many lovely Salads, the Mussel Marinara and that treat, Stinco which reminds me of the salt beef my grandmother used to make back in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Rimini moved premises a few years ago up the street to a more modern premises and the Italian restaurant which was there previously was struggling. In fact Rimini is the busiest Italian in the area and getting a table could be difficult especially at the weekend, so booking is advisable on Friday and Saturday nights. Most of the staff are Italian and their charm adds to the authentic feel.

Dushy Ranetunge
Sunday, April 21, 2013

I went to rimini a couple of times and wasn't really impressed by the restaurant, as other people have commented before (i booked a table for 2 and want ready when we got there), nobody came to speak to us for the first 5 minutes we were in and we were asked to wait at the bar until they find a table for us. The prices are a bit high for the quality and taste of the food. also the 10% charge is way too much for how people are being served. the waiters do not speak good english noo way to understand with them properly. they were rude when we asked them for something for the table, they would come check on people often enough. they do not have a dessert menu and the desserts are awful. i tried it a couple of times because i really wanted to give them another chance to prove me better. I won't go there again.

Aida
Friday, April 12, 2013

Going to try and be as fair as possible with this restaurant despite the hugely contrasting reviews. We have been visiting Rimini as a family since we moved to the area in 2010 and always enjoyed both the food and the welcoming atmosphere of the original location. The waiting staff were always lovely to our 2 year old daughter and seemed to bend over backwards to in order to accommodate her.

Since the move to the new location up the road we have noticed that whilst the staff seem to be over stretched in their duties, the dishes on offer (pasta in particular) is consistently good. We have never experienced a problem with the food but do find us laughing between ourselves at the amount of times things are forgotten and how often we have to remind the waiters to remember drinks/bread/condiments etc. However, this is always rectified immediately and always with a smile and apology and we do not allow these minor mistakes to spoil our meal. If you want a very laid back dining experience, are not too bothered by forgetful waiting staff and enjoy decent, great value for money Italian food then you cannot go far wrong with Rimini. We will most certainly be returning.

Gooner
Monday, April 08, 2013

We were on our third visit to the "new" Rimini - once again we were not disappointed. We were there on a very busy Friday night and had a table of 6, 4 adults and 2 children. The service was quick, friendly and efficient. The food was beautifully cooked and presented. The Managers/Hosts , as usual were very welcoming and couldn't do enough for us.

Great atmosphere lively and fun.

Great menu-lots of choice and excellent specials menu.

Couldn't fault it.

Will definitely be returning soon.

The Colvilles - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, March 19, 2013

i've been a Rimini Restaurant customer for twenty years now. Back then it was authentic good old fashioned Italian food that was tasty, delicous and came with service with a smile. Last Sunday was my first visit to the bigger new Rimini that has moved a block down the road. I was a bit vary of going along as i'd read so many bad reviews recently about the poor quality of the dishes, the really bad service offered by the waiting staff and the time you had to wait to even get your drinks order taken. After spending a couple of hours there for a birthday lunch, i was right to be concerned. The service has worryingly got abysmal and the food was pretty mediocre.

The owners - who i've known to say hello to for the last twenty years, are seriously missing the plot here. I hope that they are taking the time to actually go online and read loyal customer reviews that are being written about the restaurant. They've been running a wonderful family business with a fantastic atmosphere for so long now and it's such a shame that it's reputation is being run into the ground by the staff that they have chosen to employ. A real shame. After 20 years of eating at Rimini, i'm not actually sure that i will chose to go there again.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I absolutely love this restaurant! The staff are extremely friendly and I have yet to have a disappointing meal. Saturday nights are very busy and yes, this does sometimes mean a slightly longer wait to be served, but there's a great atmosphere and i have never felt rushed. Very child-friendly, the kids love it. We're very happy to have a great, relaxing and authentic Italian restaurant on our doorstep.

The Joneses