Vrisaki

73 Myddleton Road, Bounds Green, London, N22 8LZ - View on a map

Have used this place for years in the last year or so the service has really gone down hill. We ate in the restaurant which was diabolical, we had to wait nearly two hours for our main cause.

I then got a takeaway ordered two chicken sheesh kababs and was given pork...

I will never use them again and recommend to you to save your money and time.

Thursday, September 05, 2013

After seeing all the reviews about this place in decline, I want to say I had a lovely lunch here. There were a few Greek customers when we arrived - not a bad sign.

Amongst the meze, particularly like hummous, fried calamari, portobello mushroom, grilled prawns. Pitta was gorgeous- warm, chewy & slightly charred. Salad was nicely tossed in flavoursome olive oil & lemon.

Was disappointed with the kebabs personally. I don't eat shish or burger-like meat, so didn't find lamb nor pork patties appealing. Quail was ok. Was surprised to see seafood sticks used- thought that was Japanese and not Greek food?

Service was superb however. Warm & friendly. Tap water given alongside beers & new plates/ serviettes after each course.

The restaurant is closed on a Monday so do check before you trek to Bounds Green.

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Went for lunch today at Vrisaki with three friends and what a feast we had. Started with some Meze which consisted of around a dozen different dishes - all really nice. Then had dishes of prawns, smoked mackerel/salmon, grilled mushrooms, and bacon and haloumi. Next came a grilled bream dish and finally a meat platter with quail, sausage and kebabs. All washed down with a few Keo beers and greek coffee. Haven't felt so full for a very long time. Stand out dishes for me were the mushrooms, the sea bream and quail.

Service was great too (although we had the place to ourselves) and no doubt it helped that we had our friend Nikos along who has been many times before and is from Cyprus.

Oh and I nearly forgot the complimentary Baclava!

Thanks you for a great meal - a hidden gem of a place.

Harry Johnson
Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Just in from another fantastic meal at Vrisaki's. Been going there for around 2 -3 years and would not eat out anywhere else now. The T-Bone steak is to die for.

The waiters even remember how we like it done.

Very friendly, service is great. You are never left waiting.

Would highly recommend it, but book well in advance as it is so popular.

Always enjoy our meals there.

Liz Dolan
Saturday, February 18, 2012

After reading some of the reviews I was almost put off going to this place but as two seperate Greek neighbours in our road recommended we had to try it (the wife and I).

We were not disappointed! I was a bit worried about Wood Green / parking etc but it was all brightly lit and the restaurant easy to find. We walked through the take away at the front and greeting by a lovely lady (who I had spoken to on the phone) and escorted to our table in this cavernous restaurant.

The decor seemed to represent a classic Greek-style restaurant and if it wasn't for the cold biting weather outside we could have been in Greece or Cyprus.

We both ordered drinks which arrived very quickly. We both chose meze as advised here and the menu seemed to point that way too so we dived in.

The (very polite and friendly) waiter brought the starters and including the warm delicious pitta there were 20 different dishes. Yup, 20. Each one a mouth watering piece of meze deliciousness (is that a word?) After that followed more and more food - fantastic haloumi, two kinds of prawns, amazing white fish, huge portobello mushrooms all tasting extremely fresh. Finally the meat course which consisted of some lamb kebabs, pieces of chicken and spiced lamb. More than one waiter served us and all were very attentive and courteous. The place was pretty empty when we arrived but rather full by the time we left, and that was a tuesday night!

The only slight let-down was maybe the meat. Maybe it was because all the other courses were so excellent and the meat was really fine, just maybe the chicken lacked something. But I'm really picking here as everything else was superb.

We didn't have dessert since we were so full but some that i saw on other tables looked very nice, should you be able to fit one in!

If you're looking for gourmet posh food then don't go here but if you're after a really friendly, homely and authentic Greek taverna style restaurant then go go go!

Paul R
Wednesday, January 18, 2012

OK how come it is £3.50 to take away and £10.00 to eat in? When you have to talk to the misarable waiters, moan at the lack of service and buy minimum amounts of food or leave, wtf, if this is the best Norf London has to offer? I'm glad I'm from Westside...

Ish Anwar
Tuesday, May 31, 2011

This place is a real example of the South of Cyprus.

The food does it justice and if you want to eats LOTS of Greek food then its worth a go on a quite day.

When its busy, you are treated like cattle and you can sense the waiters getting impatient if you do not leave when you finish your meal. That really represents the homeland down to a tee... great food, rubbish service that is the norm in the UK.

Being a Greek Cypriot I actually find that some of the Turkish places do just as good quality food (But less portions) at better value and with much better service.

Getting a take away is a Nightmare!!! The guy who runs this is as rude as anything and even when he's forgotten your order, the fact that they are so busy justifies the lack of an apology... only to be followed by the food being thrust at you like youve been in there to long now take it and get out of our doorway!!!

Shame as the food is good.

Dawny - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, May 18, 2011

We all went for an easter treat, and boy that was NO treat!

The mixed grill is extensive yet no matter how much food they can throw at you (and they DID throw) inedible is inedible no matter the quantity.

The staff are rude especially to women. When my wife was offered a menu she was asked, "Does it want food?" I never realised that women were a lower species!

If you like the atmosphere of Tottenham Court Road Station after people are let out of the pub then by all means. If you value you taste and prefer a good Greek meal then look towards Primrose hill and never look back.

philip
Sunday, May 01, 2011

Gourmet Chick

Gourmet Chick - 6/10

Monday, January 10, 2011 - The mezze is served with warm pita bread and is all pretty good with the exception of the prawns which are fairly measly looking specimens. In the end there are so many dishes that the waiters had to pile the tiny plates on top of each other. Hot mezze follows includings slices of slightly rubbery grilled halloumi on gammon, a plate of huge circular field mushrooms grilled with garlic and lemon and a serving of crispy battered squid...Vrisaki has a great relaxed and unpretentious feel to it however, quality does suffer in favour of quantity.