Vrisaki

73 Myddleton Road, Bounds Green, London, N22 8LZ - View on a map

I'd have to say that over the years Vrisaki has gone down hill. My latest visit tonight resulted in over cooked meat on all 3 of our main courses.

What really makes it worse is that none of the meat was eaten and this fact was brought to the attention on the waiters who decided to take a sample to the so called chef. Needless to say he appeared seconds later bellowing in the background and not even addressing our concerns and walked from back to where he came ?? Very confusing. I suppose this is a Cypriot thing ?

Asked for the bill and surprise surprise we were charged the whole amount, that's right, no concerns whatsoever by the management for the over cooked, dry, chewy, leatherish pork with one concern on their mind "to take the money" !

Let me assure Vrisaki that's the last time they will be taking my money and probably if they continue anyone else's.

John Foti
Saturday, December 13, 2014

Have used this place for years in the last year or so the service has really gone down hill. We ate in the restaurant which was diabolical, we had to wait nearly two hours for our main cause.

I then got a takeaway ordered two chicken sheesh kababs and was given pork...

I will never use them again and recommend to you to save your money and time.

Thursday, September 05, 2013

After seeing all the reviews about this place in decline, I want to say I had a lovely lunch here. There were a few Greek customers when we arrived - not a bad sign.

Amongst the meze, particularly like hummous, fried calamari, portobello mushroom, grilled prawns. Pitta was gorgeous- warm, chewy & slightly charred. Salad was nicely tossed in flavoursome olive oil & lemon.

Was disappointed with the kebabs personally. I don't eat shish or burger-like meat, so didn't find lamb nor pork patties appealing. Quail was ok. Was surprised to see seafood sticks used- thought that was Japanese and not Greek food?

Service was superb however. Warm & friendly. Tap water given alongside beers & new plates/ serviettes after each course.

The restaurant is closed on a Monday so do check before you trek to Bounds Green.

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Went for lunch today at Vrisaki with three friends and what a feast we had. Started with some Meze which consisted of around a dozen different dishes - all really nice. Then had dishes of prawns, smoked mackerel/salmon, grilled mushrooms, and bacon and haloumi. Next came a grilled bream dish and finally a meat platter with quail, sausage and kebabs. All washed down with a few Keo beers and greek coffee. Haven't felt so full for a very long time. Stand out dishes for me were the mushrooms, the sea bream and quail.

Service was great too (although we had the place to ourselves) and no doubt it helped that we had our friend Nikos along who has been many times before and is from Cyprus.

Oh and I nearly forgot the complimentary Baclava!

Thanks you for a great meal - a hidden gem of a place.

Harry Johnson
Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Just in from another fantastic meal at Vrisaki's. Been going there for around 2 -3 years and would not eat out anywhere else now. The T-Bone steak is to die for.

The waiters even remember how we like it done.

Very friendly, service is great. You are never left waiting.

Would highly recommend it, but book well in advance as it is so popular.

Always enjoy our meals there.

Liz Dolan
Saturday, February 18, 2012

After reading some of the reviews I was almost put off going to this place but as two seperate Greek neighbours in our road recommended we had to try it (the wife and I).

We were not disappointed! I was a bit worried about Wood Green / parking etc but it was all brightly lit and the restaurant easy to find. We walked through the take away at the front and greeting by a lovely lady (who I had spoken to on the phone) and escorted to our table in this cavernous restaurant.

The decor seemed to represent a classic Greek-style restaurant and if it wasn't for the cold biting weather outside we could have been in Greece or Cyprus.

We both ordered drinks which arrived very quickly. We both chose meze as advised here and the menu seemed to point that way too so we dived in.

The (very polite and friendly) waiter brought the starters and including the warm delicious pitta there were 20 different dishes. Yup, 20. Each one a mouth watering piece of meze deliciousness (is that a word?) After that followed more and more food - fantastic haloumi, two kinds of prawns, amazing white fish, huge portobello mushrooms all tasting extremely fresh. Finally the meat course which consisted of some lamb kebabs, pieces of chicken and spiced lamb. More than one waiter served us and all were very attentive and courteous. The place was pretty empty when we arrived but rather full by the time we left, and that was a tuesday night!

The only slight let-down was maybe the meat. Maybe it was because all the other courses were so excellent and the meat was really fine, just maybe the chicken lacked something. But I'm really picking here as everything else was superb.

We didn't have dessert since we were so full but some that i saw on other tables looked very nice, should you be able to fit one in!

If you're looking for gourmet posh food then don't go here but if you're after a really friendly, homely and authentic Greek taverna style restaurant then go go go!

Paul R
Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Gourmet Chick

Gourmet Chick - 6/10

Monday, January 10, 2011 - The mezze is served with warm pita bread and is all pretty good with the exception of the prawns which are fairly measly looking specimens. In the end there are so many dishes that the waiters had to pile the tiny plates on top of each other. Hot mezze follows includings slices of slightly rubbery grilled halloumi on gammon, a plate of huge circular field mushrooms grilled with garlic and lemon and a serving of crispy battered squid...Vrisaki has a great relaxed and unpretentious feel to it however, quality does suffer in favour of quantity.