Nobu

Metropolitan Hotel, 19 Old Park Lane, Mayfair, London, W1K 1LB - View on a map

Nobu Restaurant In London

I have been here before 2 weeks ago with my friends and we had delicious food. The staff are polite but very rushed and impatient when they take your order but they are helpful and the decor is nice.

We ordered a mixed variety and put it in the middle to share . The food was tasty.and we liked it and we'll go back soon to Nobu.

kh
Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Was at Nobu Berkeley with my son. Absolutely fabulous food, great service and had a wonderful time talking to the table next to us.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I first went to this restaurant some years ago when it was at its height. Loved it then! Alas, things move on and my most recent visit was a month ago and to be quite honest the food was pretty poor and the atmosphere a bit down market. Everything was either overdone with citrussy flavours or drowned in truffles. (I love truffles but it should be used in a balanced way). Found the staff somewhat overbearing and at times quite discourteous.

Definitley would not recommend this to anyone.

Don Kayum
Monday, March 18, 2013

Went to Nobu Park Lane last night for a treat. Was horribly disappointed. Over-rated and trading on its reputation. Service was no better than average and the food was very disappointing. I'd agree with other comments about the tables being shoved together. There's much better food in London than this.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Diabolical !! Staff need to learn the basics... Manners .... How to smile and the menu !! This place has had it's day, first time we have ever been to a restaurant and had to go and eat elsewhere afterwards. Don't believe the hype !!

Agc foodie
Sunday, December 16, 2012

We had high expectations for our first visit to Nobu and I'm sorry to say it will be our last. One of the dishes contained an overabundant amount of citrus that made it borderline uneatable, and the rest were ordinary and not at all worth the £240 for 2 persons with minimal alcohol. The service is overly efficient and somewhat impersonal.

I've had better meals for half the price.

Michael
Sunday, December 02, 2012

Nearly choked on the sashimi octopus, the waiter was a perfunctory individual who really could barely spare us any attention before he was onto the next table. We had the feeling of trying to catch bees flying by . It was stuffy and pretentious. The crockery was insipid and that for a japonese resto was disappointing.The best thing was the cabbage steak. The saketini was rot! The sake was good. I was so very underwhelmed - I'm bored even thinking about it. The bill however left a sting!

Anne
Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Had an amazing meal at Nobu! I booked to take my partner out for his birthday then closer to the time read a load of reviews and was incredibly concerned as many of them were incredibly critical. However I loved everything about it (apart from the price of course but that was to be expected!) The food was incredible. I spent a month in Japan a couple of years ago so am not a stranger to Japanese food and I was certainly not disappointed. The staff even remembered that it was a special occasion and brought out a specially decorated dessert with a candle (as I had only mentioned this briefly when booking a month previously it was most unexpected). I love Nobu and definitely will be saving up to go back again!!!!!

Friday, February 24, 2012

Been several times to Nobu and Nobu Berkeley previously and loved them. My first visit a few years ago was absolutely stunning, but it feels like on each subsequent visit it's got a little bit worse.

Most recently went last weekend with a couple of friends and were fortunate to get a table overlooking the park but wow, was the restaurant feeling jammed together. I mean it's always had a canteen feel stylistically but it felt like they'd pushed a few extra tables in. There were only a couple of inches between tables along the walls and barely passing room between the tables in the middle of the floor for the waiters. With the steady flow of service and noise levels it felt a LOT more like a high street chain noodle restaurant than a high end Michelin starred place. Ditto, the service whilst pleasant enough made you feel like you on a conveyor belt, processing each order, each dish, each drink.

But hey, it's not like Nobu has ever been about the decor or service it's always been about the food. We had the Omakase - multi-course set meal. Not cheap at £80 per head but always worth it in the past. Unfortunately, this time it just wasn't, it really wasn't. There were some great dishes - the tuna sashimi starter was great, the black cod as good as always and the expresso ice cream at the end was fantastic. But several of the dishes were borderline inedible. In particular both the sea bream with lemon and the beef with lime were way too heavy on the citrus, the lemon and lime absolutely obliterating the other flavours - I remember similar dishes before being an amazing blend of flavours but these just tasted of, well, lemon or lime. And arguably even worse, the sushi wasn't that great. Not bad you understand, just not that great, slightly cloying and dull. So out of 8 courses, maybe 3 great, 3 absolutely awful and 2 very indifferent.

Yes, we probably should have said something but it was a fun evening with friends who were in town for the night so didn't really want to spoil it for them by complaining about the food as we'd chosen the venue and were paying.

And talking of paying, yes, it's always been expensive but I really don't mind paying for a great meal. This wasn't. And at a total bill of well over £500 for four, I'd really expect a lot more. 'Fraid I won't be going again.

Sam
Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Just read one of the reviews on Nobu calling it average and I am stunned! I have eaten all over the world in the best places and Nobu is right up there. If you want to pay for pomp and circumstance then perhaps you would not get this place.

It is about slick service in an unpretentious atmosphere and the food is AMAZING!

Black Cod, Beef, Bento Box just to mention some of the mouth watering things to eat. Yes it is expensive but it is good quality.

Amanda Bannister