Olive Garden (Raynes Park)

48 Coombe Lane, Raynes Park, London, SW20 0LA - View on a map

Yeah so first night i went there i ordered a lamb chop meal, the lamb chops were over cooked and dry, the gravy was the main flavor i could taste even though the meal was represented rosemary as part of the flavor and this was not the case i could only taste the thick gravy and no rosemary at all, the potatoes were dull and no flavor but i liked the veggies. The following night i went there and ordered a pasta chicken avocado with ham and broccoli well the pasta had no consistency some of the pasta was hard some was soft so without sounding rude i asked the waitress is this pasta meant to be al dente and she said yeah why is it not soft thats when i left it because if you dont know what it is then dont bother, later that night i thought there was a lot of salt and garlic in this meal, well i havnt had heartburn this bad in years i had to go to the chemist to buy something to settle my indigestion down. Staff were ok but i feel didnt really get what i was saying nor did they understand me. I might go here again to see if its changed but much later in the year.

Monday, May 09, 2016

The friendly Olive Garden team catered for our party of 45 a couple of weeks ago....

FABULOUS food and very friendly bar staff :0) .... they went out of their way to cater for special dietary needs of ALL our guests ... they could not have been more helpful .... can't wait to taste their food again! I can see why this family owned Italian is such a local favourite! :0)

N Braddick
Tuesday, August 05, 2014

I visited this restaurant last night for an early evening meal. Salad Nicoise was a special and I chose it. It was listed as having the usual incredients but instead of the green beans it said mange toute. When the dish arrived there were no mange toute. I told the waiter there was no mange toute. He went away into the kitchen but did not come back. Later a different waiter came to the table and I mentioned it again. Again she said she would speak to the kitchen. Nothing. I finished my meal. No one came back to me. I got the impression that 1 they did not know what mange toute was, 2 they could not care less about it, 3 they could not understand English. There did not seem to be anyone in charge. It was moderately busy for a Saturday. The food was ok but pricy. I would not recommend this restaurant.

judyr - View all reviews by this user
Sunday, July 06, 2014

I get take away from Olive Garden regularly, definitely the best pizza in Raynes park, good value for money and I can highly recommend :)

Monday, May 19, 2014

I booked lunch at the Olive Garden for a table of 14 people. I was able to agree in advance a choice of meat or vegetarian platters with bruschetta, bread and olives as a starter, and then a choice of mains and a soft drink. (We asked to pay for any extras as taken). The service was very prompt. The food was plentiful and very well presented. All staff were attentive to the group's needs, efficient and courteous and everyone enjoyed the experience. I have been using the Olive Garden since it opened and regularly have a light lunch and/or coffee there and also use the delicatessen occasionally. It is very popular and really good value for money.

Friday, April 18, 2014

I had been going here for two years. ( This is the second time i have written a review and my first one was taken down.)

The customer service used to be spot on, however in the past couple of months the service has gone right down hill.

I only eat in the restaurant occasionally and mainly get a sandwich and leave for lunch, however this is not the case anymore due to the dissapointing service.

The girls behind the deli counter are rude and incompetent, Understandably they are very busy during the lunch time period but their attitudes are outrageous. They are not polite and make no effort at all to make you feel welcome and wanted as a customer.

I carried on getting food from here for a while as the food can be very delious, however this did not last as the and the customer service got worse and worse, the girls got ruder and ruder not just to myself but to others. You could not help but notice their general attitude. IT STINKS!

The food which once was great is now very Mediocre to say the least.

The rest of the restaurant staff are very pleasant and i have never had any problems when dealign with them, they are also pleased to see you and very happy to assist when needed.

The girl at the front defiently need some serious customer service tarining! They let the whole restaurant down with their snappy rude attitudes.

Will not be going back there until the staff has had some proper training or they get new front staff!!

Such a shame as the food was once very good but now is just a reflection of the shabby service.

Jane Lewis - View all reviews by this user
Monday, February 17, 2014

I went here everyday for two years, the staff at the counter are so rude, they are not friendly and their English is not. Very good which at times makes things worse as they just come across more rude. The food is good but the service is outrageous. The girls on the front counter are the worst they clearly have never had any customer service training and from what I have seen desperately need some now!! Some of the staff are helpful but dragged down by their rude collegues. I have stopped using this restaurant even though the food can be good and quick to take away. Advise from a long time customer get rid of your terrible girls at the front or train them the hell up!!

Friday, February 14, 2014

My family and partner used to visit this restaurant regularly as we adore the food and got on well with the staff (who are still lovely).

Last Saturday my partner and I went and ordered a simple meal. It took ages to get our drinks and although we ordered before another table were even seated, they got their starters and finished them and we still had not got ours. We decided to just pay for our drinks where the staff apologised profusely, but blamed another member of staff. I hasten to point out the last 2 visits we had issues with our 'dessert drinks' not arriving despite waiting for 20 minutes. Previous to this, when we went to pay the bill they hadn't billed us correctly at all and had to ask us what we ordered.

It is a real shame as I love the food here and the staff are genuinely friendly but something is missing now and I would not eat in there again until something changes.

Friday, January 24, 2014

Something in this restaurant has changed, the food and atmosphere used to be excellent but our last two visits have been awful.

Against our better judgement we decided to give the restaurant another chance putting our last visit to just one of those off days in the kitchen.

Unfortunately for us it wasn't, whilst the ingredients tasted fresh the sauce tasted like it was out of a packet, also the staff gave the impression they really didn't want to be there so hurry up and eat up so we can get out of here!!.

When we mentioned our thoughts to the manageress she gave the impression that she didn't care what we thought, although putting on a fake smile saying she will mention our thoughts to chef!

Very disappointing and will steer clear of here from now on.

Friday, November 29, 2013