Lahore Karahi

1 Tooting High Street, London, SW17 0SN - View on a map

Avoid! Lahore Karahi used to be a good place to eat a few years ago, but today the quality of the food and the customer service has taken a tumble. If you are in Tooting and fancy a good indian meal with fantastic customer service I would recommend Radha Krishna Bhavan on Tooting High Street. Enjoy!

David
Friday, December 20, 2013

Been going to this restaurant for over twenty years and the food quality has been consistent as well as the reasonable prices. Intend to keep going there for the foreseeable future...

Jabba the Cat
Sunday, December 15, 2013

Rubbish restaurant to be honest, waste of money. Went there today, ordered food, it came after 30 mins and have to wait another 15 mins for bread. to be honest 35 for two with bad service is not real value. will suggest some other curry houses on the same street, never ever suggest or go there, bad food .....

Kaz
Sunday, August 18, 2013

I'm surprised to read some not so good reviews, as I've always found Lahore Karahi to be consistently excellent, on all our trips in from Montreal. This is our favorite Pakistani restaurant - and I was born in Karachi, Pakistan - and the food is authentic.

I always order the shami kebabs, and sometimes take an extra order home. This time, we stored them in the fridge of our Notting Hill B&B, and took them with us to our cousins in Southend the next day. (They survived the trip).

The chicken karahi is always good, as is the biryani, any vegetable curry and the nans.

There is a branch now open on London Road in Southend, with an amazing, very extensive menu. It'll be on my must-do list, when we visit the area this fall.

Noreen
Friday, February 08, 2013

I have visited almost every town in Pakistan while researching a book on this spectacular country. I can truly say that this restaurant, in my own view, as one who loves Pakistani cuisine, is superb.

Christine Osborne
Monday, November 26, 2012

Second best curry house in the uk!!

Today I wanted lamb, as I am not too keen on heat I didn't know what to choose. The waiter said he would ask the kitchen to make me a special surprise.

Wow!!

Tender lamb in a gentle onion sauce finished off with ginger - a good curry is about flavor, not heat and this dish was delicious ! I took what I couldn't manage home for lunch tomorrow.

Rachel Ward - View all reviews by this user
Saturday, June 16, 2012

Been going to this restaurant ever since moving to Tooting about 20yrs. Good Pakistani restaurant. The Seekh Kebab's are the BEST in Tooting. Pakistanis are known for making the best kebabs, even by Indians. You can also order the Kebab rolls with Peshawari naan instead of the Tandoori Roti, makes a great combination of that savoury and sweet taste. Have it with sweet lassi and finish it off with ras malai at the end. You'll love it! The biryani isn't that brilliant, but the meat dishes are quite good. If you want your food very spicy, ask for 'Desi' hot.

ash1973 - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Well I had been there (tooting) last week with my wife and honestly it is not that great. I had read at a few places that the biryani was good and that they really make their dishes very spicy .

We had ordered fish masala fry and prawns tandoori which was OK. The fish was a bit cold and not at all spicy (we had requested to make it really spicy) even the dressing was ordinary. We then ordered a Chicken ginger and chicken biryani but unfortunately we were disappointed. I usually like my chicken to be soft and juicy...

The service was OK with well behaved waiters. We got a wobbly table so we had to take care of that while eating.

We didn't have a great time (may be we should have stuck to kebabs n tandoori). But then for that I would go to Tayyabs...

This was my experience but I would still request you to visit this place and post your experience (please be honest).

Praveen