Zeret Kitchen

216 Camberwell Road, London, SE5 0ED - View on a map

Zeret Kitchen Restaurant In London

Amazing! Was in London for the weekend a desperate for Ethiopian cuisine (not easily found in Angus!). Was not disappointed - some of the best I've ever tasted! The atmosphere was friendly and warm. The owner seemed genuinely concerned that we enjoyed our meal. 10/10 experience, better than that when you consider the price.

Saturday, September 07, 2013

Cheese and Biscuits

Cheese and Biscuits - 9/10

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - Everything we ate at Zeret Kitchen last night was just so mind-blowingly tasty. There was a spicy, dry rub chicken thing, the meat moist & the seasoning complex; there was an astonishing portion of what I want to describe as beef tartare but was, we were assured, not completely raw but actually very lightly fried in what seemed like cardamom; there was a chunk of lamb on the bone, the meat coated in a subtle light dressing of some kind that made you want to gnaw it completely clean; and my favourite of all, a stunning thick chick pea sauce, wonderfully flavoured with smoky, rich spices - it was, my friend pointed out, like a heavenly chip shop curry sauce. This is a good thing.