Zeret Kitchen

216 Camberwell Road, London, SE5 0ED - View on a map

Zeret Kitchen Restaurant In London

Amazing! Was in London for the weekend a desperate for Ethiopian cuisine (not easily found in Angus!). Was not disappointed - some of the best I've ever tasted! The atmosphere was friendly and warm. The owner seemed genuinely concerned that we enjoyed our meal. 10/10 experience, better than that when you consider the price.

Saturday, September 07, 2013

I love Zeret restaurant always. The food is very delicious. Their carnivore food is my favourite but I eat vegetarian food as well and it so fantastic. Zeret they are so friendly mice atmosphere and it is not that expensive as well. It is very healthy. For an East African dish I always recommend Zeret. The owner is friendly if you do not eat 'Injera' she will do it with rice just you need to ask. The atmosphere is so relaxing nice space and good relaxed music. I LOVE ZERET.

Senait - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, April 23, 2013

the best, personal and helpful service you can ever wish for, fantastic food,see you back soon !

maciej
Sunday, July 08, 2012

Zeret kitchen is a wonderful restaurant. When I was a 'carnivore' I used to order their chicken dish with rice- it was extremely delicious and my all time fave dish. I would always get that dish! But when I became a vegetarian I started on all the different dahls and chickpea alternatives which are just as great! Their salad is amazing. If ordering take away it does take a very long time- 30 min wait minimum but eating in is a better option.

The owners are wonderful and humble.

Love it!

Friday, March 23, 2012

I love this restaurant and the food. I wish they would have a delivery service - there are many times when we wanted to order in. I think they are missing out on this service.

RANI
Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fantastic and interesting food, wonderful friendly service and very reasonable prices! Cannot recommend highly enough.

Rose
Friday, July 29, 2011

Zeret Kitchen is a genuinely brilliantly little restaurant with brilliant food, a nice relaxed family run feel and Taffe the owner is a lovely woman, welcoming, friendly and helpful. Two of my dinner companions had never eaten Ethiopian cuisine before, and Taffe was very helpful in making suggestions and tips for them!

Highly recommended, very well priced, and probably the best overall Ethiopian restaurant I've been to in London.

In short, a place like Zeret Kitchen, with personality and good home-cooked food, deserves customers and fanfare in equal measure, especially with the predominance of mass produced food in chain restaurants all over these days.

William Mc Cready
Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Had a lovely evening at Zeret, if you are in any way unsure about trying Ethiopian

food, worry no more! Yummy food, definitely somthing different and very reasonable.

James
Friday, May 27, 2011

Cheese and Biscuits

Cheese and Biscuits - 9/10

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - Everything we ate at Zeret Kitchen last night was just so mind-blowingly tasty. There was a spicy, dry rub chicken thing, the meat moist & the seasoning complex; there was an astonishing portion of what I want to describe as beef tartare but was, we were assured, not completely raw but actually very lightly fried in what seemed like cardamom; there was a chunk of lamb on the bone, the meat coated in a subtle light dressing of some kind that made you want to gnaw it completely clean; and my favourite of all, a stunning thick chick pea sauce, wonderfully flavoured with smoky, rich spices - it was, my friend pointed out, like a heavenly chip shop curry sauce. This is a good thing.