The Bear Free House

296a Camberwell New Road, London, SE5 0RP - View on a map

Last night my girlfriend and I decided to pop in here for a drink and something to eat. The lady serving us was very friendly and gave us menus. While having our drink I decided on the Roquefort Bacon Burger and my girlfriend had the mac and cheese. When it arrived we were both disappointed with what was put in front of us. The mac and cheese resembled a microwave meal but you cannot do much with mac and cheese so fair enough. The burger was small with a cheap bun. When I bit into it I realized it was rare and although I like my meat medium, this was not good. I could not eat it but the friendly girl who served us never came back to check. My girlfriend finished hers (with a little help from me). When our server came to collect our plates I told her the burger was not good. She said that is the way it is served and I should have asked earlier to get it cooked for longer. She offered me a pudding to compensate but I don't feel that sufficed. I had to grab a rubbish burger in the chicken shop on the way home but at least it was on £2. £30 badly spent in The Bear. I live 2 minutes a way from here but I do not think I will be returning.

Kevin