Diwana Bhel Poori House

121 Drummond Street, London, NW1 2HL - View on a map

Very very rude staff. I went there for a nice lunch with a friend and we ordered a lot of food (£30 worth excluding drinks, which is good for lunch I think!). There was no one else in the restaurant. The waiter literally took food off of the table before we had finished, and when I wanted to sip my coffee came by twice to ask us to order dessert. Finally I downed my coffee and asked for the bill because it was so uncomfortable. Then he told me I had an expensive brand of purse and should tip well, then put 30% tip into the machine! In the end we were only there for 40 min before we had to go.

Nastasia
Thursday, February 23, 2017

Avoid this restaurant. The staff were extremely rude and the food was sub-standard. As a Londoner, and an Indian, I have eaten at many Indian restaurants...this has been my worst experience.

My friend and I were seated, we changed seats to be away from the kitchen and nearer some natural light. The starter came and was a watery tasteless mush. When a noisy crowd came, we asked to be moved and the waiter refused (even though the restaurant was 3/4 empty). I had to argue with the waiter to move us.

The waiter then complained to his manager and colleagues pointing at us. When we were moved the waiter said we had to sit where he put us, nowhere else. We were given a table by the kitchen. By this time we should have left. But continued this ordeal.

After the waiter telling us to move the table a few inches so he could pass, the food came (the chapatis were half cooked). My curry was oily, tasteless and very chilli. We just ate and got out of there as quickly as possible...

There are so many great restaurants in the area and in London. Don't waste your time and money on this one.

Jayesh Patel