Diwana Bhel Poori House

121 Drummond Street, London, NW1 2HL - View on a map

Avoid this restaurant. The staff were extremely rude and the food was sub-standard. As a Londoner, and an Indian, I have eaten at many Indian restaurants...this has been my worst experience.

My friend and I were seated, we changed seats to be away from the kitchen and nearer some natural light. The starter came and was a watery tasteless mush. When a noisy crowd came, we asked to be moved and the waiter refused (even though the restaurant was 3/4 empty). I had to argue with the waiter to move us.

The waiter then complained to his manager and colleagues pointing at us. When we were moved the waiter said we had to sit where he put us, nowhere else. We were given a table by the kitchen. By this time we should have left. But continued this ordeal.

After the waiter telling us to move the table a few inches so he could pass, the food came (the chapatis were half cooked). My curry was oily, tasteless and very chilli. We just ate and got out of there as quickly as possible...

There are so many great restaurants in the area and in London. Don't waste your time and money on this one.

Jayesh Patel
Friday, August 08, 2014

Bad service..poor food.. would not go there again.. We were not very hungry and decided to just order a few starters and were told they can't do that...after being reluctant the waiter got us the food and the bhel puri was far from the authentic one, the dahi poori was horrible and the taste of the other items were below satisfactory.... the waiter was rushing us and literally pulled stuff off our table to make us leave.

Friday, March 07, 2014

I have never had their lunch buffet but I can say their dosas are still one of the most authentic ones around London. Had their masala dosa yesterday which was perfectly crispy and spices. Sambal is yummy too. I don't go there for their service which is merely average but the food has me hooked.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

I have been visiting Diwana since early 1980s. I have to say that I have never had a disappointing meal here, whether I go for the buffet or the a la carte option. I do advise getting there early for lunch however, especially if you're going for the buffet option so that there is plenty of food, freshly put out. I don't know how they keep their prices so low - don't be put off by negative reviews, if you've never tried Diwana before, give it a try - it's delicious.

Finley