Ravi Shankar

133-135 Drummond Street, Euston, London, NW1 2HL - View on a map

Have been visiting the place since I was a kid. The food is absolutely AMAZING! it has only gotten better over the years. Ther Buffet is especially great because there is a huge variety and all of it actually tastes good. The service is great also, can get busy at times but that shows how good the food must be considering it is a vegetarian place!! Value for money is brilliant! The thali is brilliant and so filling! the paneer is great, and my family love the Bhel puri the most!

Friday, September 27, 2013

I went with a party of six on 27 January 2012. The first problem was the waiters who did not have enough English to take my initial booking over the phone and then to direct me to my table, booked in my name, when I arrived last of all. It is an incredibly noisy place: it was impossible to hear anyone apart from the person directly opposite me or the person next to me. The whole point of this evening out was for everyone to be able to talk to everyone - which we couldn't do. Taking the orders was another pantomime. The food was OK without being anything special. We then got the bill - or rather a handwritten and undecipherable piece of paper, with the total crossed out a couple of times: it was impossible to work out what we were being charged for and my feeling at the end was that we seemed to have spent more than we thought (which might have properly been the case). When even the smallest cafe can give you an itemised printed bill now, there is no reason for such bills. Will I go again? Well, I'm not sure - there is nothing of any quality, either in the food or service.

LondonVegetarian
Monday, February 06, 2012

First they said in our hearing that people could have our table in a few minutes. We were still eating. Then they tried to take the bill before we had finished sorting it out. Then they asked us to leave as people were waiting for the table. We were still eating. So unbelievably rude!!!! A very insincere apology when this was pointed out to them.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Fabulous food, friendly service and vibrant atmosphere - brilliant!

Rosie Moore
Monday, August 29, 2011

Fantastc place ~ exceptional food and such a warm and friendly welcome ~ so good I went back twice in one day!

Karen Holton
Monday, August 08, 2011

Went in for lunch a couple of days ago. We both had the Thali. The food seemed to have mystery ingredients in it. The dal soup was cold and tasteless, the sweetcorn and courgette dish smacked of trying to make up the numbers on the Thali and one of the Thali dishes had a bout half a centimetre of oil on it. All in all, a very mediocre experience. To add insult to injury, they appeared to have rounded up our bill! We left no tip.

Maybe they were having an off day, but if they have off days, they should not expect my custom again.

I know its a bit of a hike, but this type of veggie food is far better in Tooting where its served hot and with no concession to Western tastes. Also, its half the price!

Nick