Ravi Shankar

133-135 Drummond Street, Euston, London, NW1 2HL - View on a map

We were promptly seated for a celebratory dinner, which was fabulous. When we proceeded to order 2 Bhel Poori and a mango lassi with a clearly articulated intention of ordering at least 1 main dish based on appetite, we were denied of food. The reason quoted was 'it's not in the policy to order only starters without a main dish'

It is the first time in my life where I have been unanimously (by 4 different waiters) denied of the above food order for the same above quoted reason. It made me realise, it was not them but the order from the owner, hence the extreme disappointment with this restaurant's philosophy.

I have been brought up in an Indian household, and the ethos all Indians are brought up with is to never deprive others of food. After this visit, it is clear that the owner of Ravishanka Bhel Poori, a south Indian, is the first Indian I know to show a patron the door rather than serve them food.

Thursday, May 04, 2017

We have tried all the veggie restaurants in Drummond Street and have come to the conclusion Ravis is the best. We travel to London twice a month just to eat there. The buffet is amazing, ever changing dishes. But the favourites, dosas and gulabs always there aplenty. Can't recommend it enough!

Janet Hammond
Thursday, December 15, 2016

we went to this restaurant on bank holiday Monday just gone and the food was outstanding! I've been coming to Drummond street in the early seventies, my father used to take me there and I have done ever since. We missed the Buffet and was gutted because the presentation of all the food was beautiful to look at. Will definitely go back again and again!

Friday, May 08, 2015

What rubbish food! We are Indians so know what good, authentic indian food should taste like. The dosas were the worst I've ever had. The batter was out of a packet and the chilly paneer was in fact paneer curry! All the food was cold. The service was non existent and the restaurant freezing. Never again.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

I agree with the previous reviewer that the staff in this restaurant are not only rude but have not been taught basic manners and simple communication skills - this is the worst restaurant I have visited in central London - an absolute disgrace to civilised society.

Veggie - View all reviews by this user