Ravi Shankar

133-135 Drummond Street, Euston, London, NW1 2HL - View on a map

I agree with the previous reviewer that the staff in this restaurant are not only rude but have not been taught basic manners and simple communication skills - this is the worst restaurant I have visited in central London - an absolute disgrace to civilised society.

Veggie - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Have been visiting the place since I was a kid. The food is absolutely AMAZING! it has only gotten better over the years. Ther Buffet is especially great because there is a huge variety and all of it actually tastes good. The service is great also, can get busy at times but that shows how good the food must be considering it is a vegetarian place!! Value for money is brilliant! The thali is brilliant and so filling! the paneer is great, and my family love the Bhel puri the most!

Friday, September 27, 2013

I went with a party of six on 27 January 2012. The first problem was the waiters who did not have enough English to take my initial booking over the phone and then to direct me to my table, booked in my name, when I arrived last of all. It is an incredibly noisy place: it was impossible to hear anyone apart from the person directly opposite me or the person next to me. The whole point of this evening out was for everyone to be able to talk to everyone - which we couldn't do. Taking the orders was another pantomime. The food was OK without being anything special. We then got the bill - or rather a handwritten and undecipherable piece of paper, with the total crossed out a couple of times: it was impossible to work out what we were being charged for and my feeling at the end was that we seemed to have spent more than we thought (which might have properly been the case). When even the smallest cafe can give you an itemised printed bill now, there is no reason for such bills. Will I go again? Well, I'm not sure - there is nothing of any quality, either in the food or service.

LondonVegetarian
Monday, February 06, 2012

First they said in our hearing that people could have our table in a few minutes. We were still eating. Then they tried to take the bill before we had finished sorting it out. Then they asked us to leave as people were waiting for the table. We were still eating. So unbelievably rude!!!! A very insincere apology when this was pointed out to them.
View/Add comments (1)