Seoul

289 Finchley Road, London, NW3 6ND - View on a map

Decent food and good service.

I ordered hot stone beef bibimbap and it arrived beautifully presented and piping hot. Only complaint is that there were only 5 teeny weeny squares of rather chewy beef - next time I will have the veggie version which is quite a bit cheaper.

Dumplings were nice as starters and kimchi was tasty.

Last thing to note is that staff seems to speak Chinese and not Korean. I am not bothered personally but some people mind these things.

Monday, March 10, 2014

I have been this restaurant one year ago. They are doing BBQ half price promotion during that time. But the portion was soooo small. A Korean geezer kicked me out when I was chatting with my friend, he said we should leave after we finished. It was really bad.

Recently, my Korean friend told me they changed the owner, the food and service are much better now. Therefore I tried again, it is much better now indeed. The portion is big and the food is great! I love the galbi and the rice in stone bowl. The old restaurant is gone, if you were annoyed before please return. It's much better now!

Kitty - View all reviews by this user
Monday, February 03, 2014

I was never quite a fan of Korean food, but when my friend introduced me to this restaurant, I suddenly changed my mind. The food I love the most is Galbi, which is short ribs marinated with sweet soy sauce. I have always been a regular customer here, along with my boyfriend. After several months of eating here, the lady (boss's owner) said the restaurant is about to close down in a week! I was shocked and feeling sad cause it meant that I would lost one of my fav rest. After a month I didn't eat here, I saw that they are still open so I thought that they probably changed their mind. Apparently the waitress that still works there said they are under different owner, Chinese owner. I was in doubt, but I finally gave a try. I tried my favourite one, Galbi, taste quite similar and the portion is more (yay!), and my boyfriend ate Beef bulgogi and he said he liked the new one cause it's more fresh. After the food finished, the waitress came and asked whether we liked it or not, overall we still liked it and definitely will come back.

Anna - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, January 30, 2014

London Eater

London Eater

Friday, September 09, 2011 - Can't say that cooking was poor, since it was yours truly controlling the timing and there's something strangely therapeutic about watching sizzling meat cook over a Korean BBQ. The marinated meats were nothing spectacular, carrying a sweet undertones to it, but it got the job done. Portions were incredibly generous. For an average of 4 pounds per portion, it is mind-boggling how they are cutting a profit from this. I enjoyed the meat feast thoroughly... All in all, I thought it was a decent meal that won't break any wallets, and I think it really is worth a visit if you so happen to wander into Swiss Cottage.