Cape Town Fish Market

Sutherland House, 5-6 Argyll Street, Soho, London, W1F 7TE - View on a map

Cape Town Fish Market Restaurant In London

FABULOUS!! We decided to try Cape Town Fish Market since it was listed in our dining guide & offered a nice discount. We have the London Pass which boasts of the dining guide. Being from New York we are spoiled. This restaurant is lovely, the food superb and the service was awesome.

We loved the fresh fish and variety of dishes offered. I also loved the wine.

Overall, a 10.

Laura M.
Sunday, April 13, 2014

Went to the Cape Town Fish Market on Friday night with my partner, was worried it might be too busy and noisy as some reviews suggested, but in fact it was lovely! Lovely atmosphere, great "fish tanks" lovely service and wonderful food. Not cheap though! But the upside is they do accept tastecards! Would highly recommend for all you fish lovers!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

a group of 6 of us went for a bday meal food was good and so was the service , got a complimentary bday plate with a few desserts at the end of the night very nice .

i thought the bill was reasonable i didnt notice the service charge .

would go again thank you...

Monday, July 09, 2012

i'd like to make everyone aware that this restaurant adds 20% VAT to the prices advertised on their menus - it's probably in the small print somewhere but it does leave a sour taste in the mouth when you get the bill.

The food is satisfactory but overvalued for the prices they charge - £18 for ribs (about 6 ribs - Tony Romas is much better value).

Location is great but food is way overpriced.
View/Add comments (1)

Monday, April 16, 2012

a group of 17 of us attended a friends birthday on Saturday evening just gone (4th feb 2012) despite the food being very good (a few of us had eaten there before) we do have a couple of grumbles - a deposit had to be paid in advance which meant a journey into the west end as there was no option to pay a deposit by card it had to be presented in cash - we were told it was in case we cancelled !!! (hardly likely with 17 people to re-organise after settling on the venue) when we asked - whilst paying the deposit about childrens options, were told there was no child option and even though they would probably eat a few chips only that it would be the same price as an adult meal!

When it came to paying the bill we were shocked to see a service charge of over £60, we tried discussing this with the staff involved then asked for the Manager when it became apparent they did not have a clue what they were talking about. The manager was no better saying it was optional but......erm, but what? - he couldn't actually give us an answer as to why we had been charged this much, having paid a bill of over £500, we should have been given the choice. It left a sour taste in the mouth after what had been a pleasant evening.
View/Add comments (1)

Monday, February 06, 2012

lol typical of the English to complain about everything. find faults with every single thing. i love cape town fish market . in South Africa and in London - even though i might not have the finances all the time but i do enjoy going there if i feel like spoiling myself.

if you want to eat in the West end then dont complain about the prices. it really is very embarrassing.

Friday, January 20, 2012

I am so shocked at the negative reviews here. I have been to Cape Town Fish market 3 times and have never had a bad experience. Mind you, I've never been in when the place has been heaving with people. It's always been fairly quiet.

I have found the food to be delicious, reasonably priced and the service is always so good that I never quibble about paying the service charge. We even had a trainee waiter the last time I went and he couldn't have been more attentive. The waiters seem really friendly and enjoyed showing us the tanked lobsters.

I would recommend eating the fish cakes as a starter and the baby squid as a main. The sauce is absolutely divine.

Would recommend picking up one of the flyers from the guys outside the door as there are some great offers to be had. I really wish there was a branch nearer to where I live as I'd definitely go more often that way.

Viva Cape Town!

Maya
Monday, July 18, 2011

Having read some of the reviews online for this restaurant, I was not sure what to expect, especially as we know the ones in Cape Town very well indeed!

However, I want to say how much we all enjoyed our visit. The food was excellent, reasonably priced considering we were sitting in London's West End, the waiting staff were attentive and pleasant.

We had a great deal with a bottle of wine included, the Hake and Chips were the same as sitting down in Cape Town's Waterfront! We are also people that if things did not come up to scratch would say so. We are fussy about the quality of the food we eat, being extremely good cooks ourselves and not prone to eating out every five minutes because we are perfectly capable of cooking great food ourselves at home.

Please take many of the reviews below with a pinch of salt (haha) and decide for yourselves. We had a great night out and will be repeating the experience in the very near future.

Boss Family
Sunday, May 29, 2011

Despite the food being actually very good quality we experienced such poor customer service that I would never return. We tried to apply for the Accrue Card as there is an advertised "half price sushi on tuesdays" offer if you have a card. However despite the blurb stating "sign up today and enjoy the benefits immediately" we were told by management that actually we were not able to sign up on the day and receive benefits straight away. Direct reference was made to them not wanting people coming in off the street to use the discount. Not exactly in the spirit of a special deal!

We had to phone up South Africa to check the T&Cs of the deal to confirm we were entitled to it however the manager didn't believe us and we had to call them again while the manager was there to confirm it! Appalling customer services and just a bad attitude. The discretionary service charge wasn't even taken off the bill.

Despite it claiming it's vegetarian friendly the Miso Soup is in fact made with fish stock despite it being marked as veggie on the menu. I was appalled at this as I only double checked by chance.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011