Sakonis (Wembley)

127-129 Ealing Road, Wembley, London, HA0 4BP - View on a map

We just ate at Sakonis in wembley, and all I can say is "what a disappointment'. it was terrible from start to finish. The cleanliness of the restaurant is shocking, chair and table are dirty and mine had someones chewed gum left on it. The staff are untrained and quite frankly seem to be walking around with their head in the clouds. They need to give the waiting staff training in how to speak and respond to customer needs. Asking them to have a smile with service is not too much to ask.

Now with indigestion and one pair of ruined jeans (from the gum) I leave feeling very upset and disappointed. It's disgusting and I for one will not be going there again.

Anita Singh
Sunday, August 04, 2013

The chilli paneer is very good. The dahi bora is too sweet. The bhaji are bland and boring. The service was good. however, the carpeting on the corridor and stairs leading to the bathrooms is very, very dirty and needs to be replaced immediately. It was very off-putting and definitely lowered the standard of the place.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A friend of mine took me to the Harrow branch of Sakonis and I had such a lovely time there. I was delighted to find out that there is also a branch near where I work in Wembley. I went straight after work, all excited, only to walk in and find out that the buffet doesn't start until 6.30pm! I had almost an hour to kill. I made the journey especially and it is worth the wait so I happily browsed some local shops and went back at 6.30.

The buffet had still not been laid out. I asked about it and the lady behind the counter said that it is usually out but because it was a Tuesday and there were no customers, they were just doing it later. Makes sense of course - why lay out a whole buffet if there are no customers? I was the only person there!

I said that it was a shame coz I was really looking forward to it and I'd been walking around for nearly an hour waiting. The lady said that I could still order food as normal off the menu and they will prepare it. I declined because I came for the buffet. I like it because I like looking at all the food and tasting different things. Anyway, I said it's okay - just bad luck - and that I will come back another time when they're more busy.

The lady spoke to one of the chefs and then said I should sit down - they will start cooking the buffet for me and if there is anything I want first I can tell the chef and he will make it straight away. WHAT AN AMAZING SERVICE IS THAT!! I certainly didn't expect that. It was so lovely of them. I sat down and read my book for a bit and the chef came over to call me when he had brought some food out. The rest followed quickly. It was amazing.

The food was lovely. Really delicious and prepared and served with love. The restaurant layout and design is very basic canteen style, but I tell you that this is the best and most generous restaurant experience I have had in London - having lived here 15 years.

It is true that the extra charge for eating in is very odd, for a buffet. It didn't bother me because I think that the total of £14 is still a good price for this treat.

Delores VanCartier - View all reviews by this user
Friday, March 15, 2013

Its way too expensive for a vegetarian buffet with nothing special just ordinary food on the menu.Items were missing from the buffet. Extra dine-in charges were also put. First they they should learn to deliver quality then keep the prices high.Really bad experience.

Roma
Friday, November 09, 2012

over the years quality of food preparation is really gone down

and many item have above the limit chillies which is unsuitable to all age group

waiters are third class with no proper uniform

when items are finished in the buffet section they are not added as it near to closing hours to severe lunch

the management hardly cares to improve

above all area leading the wash room area is so filthy

some items are over done losing their taste

Kiran
Thursday, November 08, 2012

This is the best Indian buffet in town. The chili paneer is delicious. I live in South London and I am happy to make the trip to this wonderful restaurant. I only wish they would re-open their old branch in Tooting again as Wembley is a long journey.

C Anderson
Thursday, October 04, 2012

Very disappointed with their £12.99 dinner buffet. First of all too expensive for a vegeterian buffet. This particular one only included some of the least expensive vegetables. I expected more for the price. Ordered a whole coconut which they claim is special. Very disappointed to get a mature coconut for £3.50 (costs £2.00) just outside their door........and fresher looking. The owner did not seem to care about out complaint of receiving a "old" product. Add salt to the wound.....they added a sit in charge for having a buffet. Not recommended. There are several other places in the area.

Aziz
Sunday, September 30, 2012

I have been this place , service was nice but they charged be eat in which was not good, if we come for buffet then surely we going to eat in premises, food was not hot enough as well, so i would not recommend to go here

mukesh
Saturday, July 28, 2012

The food was not tasty at all. The portion sizes were okay. But overall I was very disappointed with the food! The service was good. We should have been informed about the extra cost of eating in. I was very disappointed to see an extra £5 charged for 5 people for eating in.

Simon
Friday, July 06, 2012

I was in Wembley few days ago got tempted to try their buffet, the atmosphere was ok the food smelt nice so I ordered myself a drink and a buffet.Food was ok found it very spicy so was unable to eat properly so didn't eat enough for the price I paid which was £8.99 rather a lot......maybe they delibertley make it so spicy so people don't go for the second time and eat as much.The thing that annoyed me most was when I went to pay the bill. they had added a 10% eat in charge and I thought where else would one eat if its a buffet outside the premises, I have never heard such a thing as you have to pay a charge to eat their buffet on the premises surly that can't be right...I have a good mind to check and report them to trading Standard.

I go to Pizza Hut for a buffet and don't expect eat in charge on their premises.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tamarind and Thyme

Tamarind and Thyme

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 - While everything was spiced, nothing was very hot in terms of chili heat; everyone can partake in this Indian buffet. The dosas were still crisp but the potato filling inside was just ok - make up for this with the delicious potato curry. The sambar is lovely with the puris and idlis (oh, by the way, an idli soaked in sambar is a wonderful thing). The cabbage dish on offer reminded me of a stir-fried Indian cabbage dish I cook at home with mustard seeds. A great introduction to South Indian breakfasts.