Ramen Seto

We are sorry but this restaurant has closed - The Reader Comments are shown for historical purposes only

Popped in this small place at around 6pm before heading off to the Theatre and we were served quickly (food on table within 10 minutes) and the staff were helpful without being overbearing. Being vegetarian we were only really interested in the Vegetable Tempura, Miso Soup and Asahi lager. Upon tasting the first two our taste buds were instantly transported back to Kyoto (which we have visited twice in the last 2 years). In terms of the authenticity of the Japanese food mentioned by other reviewers, I can only vouch for the dish we ordered but we were more than happy with it! (Another good sign was plenty of Japanese people popping in to eat too - and we were only there for 30 minutes maximum)

For a quick bite, I would definitely recommend this place based on our experience. If you want the full restaurant experience then this is not really the place to look. Now I know where it is I will definitely pop back if I am out shopping or experiencing nightlife in Central London.

Paul
Thursday, January 05, 2012

I went there 2 weeks ago and liked it. My Japanese friend took me there. I would say the majority of Japanese restaurants are either Chinese or Korean owned (mostly the first). Especially the cheap ones like this one. If you want authentic Japanese food and cheap, you can try Taro in Brewer Street in Soho. I know the owner and he is Japanese.

Monday, December 19, 2011

At first glance this place looks authentic, rustic and interesting but this is sadly deceptive.

The food is more Chinese than Japanese and seemingly confused in its identity. My 'chicken' fried noodle dish was very Cantonese in style in the way it was cooked, it was also a seafood dish and a chicken dish at the same time! If I want Chinese food, I'll go to a Chinese restaurant thanks.

The timing of the food was unacceptable, this place was not busy yet it took more then 20 minutes for starters, then another 15-20 minutes for one of our main courses! the other meal took another 5 minutes and was the wrong dish!

The service was atrocious! Short-staffed or not, people need to be attended to and made to feel welcome. The woman who greeted us seemed abrupt and preoccupied and the waiter was vague, inattentive and very slow.

Considering the great location of this restaurant and the standards of other Japanese/fusion style restaurants in London, Ramen Seto really needs to lift it's game big time! Until it does, we won't go back. This is a shame because this has so much potential, to be authentic (to its name) and unique.

andos234
Saturday, November 26, 2011

I must say, I totally agreed with Alex.. I've tried it today as I'm looking for good authentic Japanese ramen.. So decided to try Seto Ramen as it has quite a few review about it. But to my BIG disappointment, I've ordered cha shu ramen n e soup turn out to be clear, tasteless and noodle was like eatIng rubber bands.. I initially thought the people that cook in the restaurant was Japanese, but after listening to their conversation, it turn out to be they are all from china.. How can Chinese people cook good authentic traditional Japanese Ramen.??? Can someone enlighten me pls... What a disappointment... This restaurant is for people that doesn't know what is real Japanese food and just wanna fill up their tummy. Might as well go to Mcdonalds..

Ignatius E