Ramen Seto

We are sorry but this restaurant has closed - The Reader Comments are shown for historical purposes only

Popped in this small place at around 6pm before heading off to the Theatre and we were served quickly (food on table within 10 minutes) and the staff were helpful without being overbearing. Being vegetarian we were only really interested in the Vegetable Tempura, Miso Soup and Asahi lager. Upon tasting the first two our taste buds were instantly transported back to Kyoto (which we have visited twice in the last 2 years). In terms of the authenticity of the Japanese food mentioned by other reviewers, I can only vouch for the dish we ordered but we were more than happy with it! (Another good sign was plenty of Japanese people popping in to eat too - and we were only there for 30 minutes maximum)

For a quick bite, I would definitely recommend this place based on our experience. If you want the full restaurant experience then this is not really the place to look. Now I know where it is I will definitely pop back if I am out shopping or experiencing nightlife in Central London.

Paul
Thursday, January 05, 2012

I went there 2 weeks ago and liked it. My Japanese friend took me there. I would say the majority of Japanese restaurants are either Chinese or Korean owned (mostly the first). Especially the cheap ones like this one. If you want authentic Japanese food and cheap, you can try Taro in Brewer Street in Soho. I know the owner and he is Japanese.

Monday, December 19, 2011