Ten Ten Tei

56 Brewer Street, Soho, London, W1F 9TJ - View on a map

My friend who comes from Taiwan recommend this japanese Restaurant.

I ate "Salmon Ikura Don (Salmon + salmon roe on the top of the rice)".The taste was good, but japanese rice wasn't used, instead tasteless cheap rice was used. I was pretty disappointed, because chef and chef assistants were Japanese, they know what different japanese rice and other are.

I come from Japan, I wanted to eat a right japanese food that Chinese, Korea or other Asian people don't cook japanese dinner!

i think they use bad rice for holding down cost.

I never go to Ten Ten Tei.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

I regularly go to tententei and I am british born japanese so I believe I understand and knowing well about japanese food.

This restaurant is my favourite japanese restaurant in London.

Staff are nice not constant smiley but I mean I don't really care how they interact with customers as long as I could get nice meal and served well.

The price is very valuable compare to other fake japanese restaurant or other genuine japanese restaurants. Originally japanese dishes are not suppose to be expensive nor rich but home made comfortable meals it has to be.

Many of the other japanese restaurants makes the atmosphere exaggerated as it is not suppose to be and the taste of the meals are not good as you think.

But in other hand, this one is very home home atmosphere, quick serving, cheap, fresh, and most of all delicious!!! it has no fake elegant atmosphere or anything at all but very japanese old style. Loving it loving it. Every time friends come over and ask me to take them to japanese restaurant, this is the only place I ever take them to and they LOVE it.

yuki OUCHI
Friday, November 18, 2011

Superb quality food combined with great service makes Ten Ten Tei the best japanese I've ever been to! My sushi was freshly prepared, succulent and the eel simply took my breath away!

Went with my son, who had the Chicken Teriyaki lunch meal - even as a cash strapped student he says he would visit again! £8 for 3 courses and constant green tea re-fills is great value.

To some of the negative reviews below all I can say is you've never been to Japan or Japanese cuisine is above your McDonalds lifestyle!

Ten Ten Tei is amazing value, the food is simply amazing and the pricing seems like robbery! Would recommend to everyone and everyone.

James Cartwright
Wednesday, November 16, 2011

i go here for the grilled salmon head, and its excellent. Everything else is average but the prices are reasonable. Is the rice seasoned well? Not really but that there salmon head is yummy and such great value for money!

The Hungriest Hippo - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, July 21, 2011

Please ignore the invalid opinions of the reviewer below. I have been to Ten Ten Tei on several occasions and for me it is the best Japanese restaurant in London. The atmosphere is very authentic, the staff attentive and friendly. The sashimi is exquisitely tender and well-presented. My own favourite is the tonkatsu set meal.

The restaurant is always full of Japanese which is surely the best proof of its authenticity. I hope this restaurant continues in the same vein for many years and that people aren't put off by the occasional buffoon who has no idea what Japanese cuisine is (see below).

domroberts - View all reviews by this user
Monday, July 04, 2011

Cheese and Biscuits

Cheese and Biscuits - 8/10

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - Miso soup was also particularly good, with a great rich flavour that you so often don't find in more mass-market offerings elsewhere in the capital. And service was smart and efficient too, if not exactly friendly. Even my sashimi was a cut above the average, with a couple of sweet raw prawns added to the standard mackerel/salmon/tuna selection...Ten Ten Tei, then, is my new favourite sushi place. It's handy, very reasonably priced, and comes with a bracing dose of authentic Japanese attitude.