B&K Salt Beef Bar (Edgware)

11 Lanson House, Whitchurch Lane, Edgware, London, HA8 6NL - View on a map

Best salt beef and tongue in North London. Mike is always a great host.

Komil Mamajanov - View all reviews by this user
Sunday, April 20, 2014

LOVE THE PLACE BEEN GOING FOR AS LONG AS I REMEMBER KNOWN MICKEY FOR SO LONG IN FACT HE REMINDS ME OF THE PORTIONS HE GIVES, B I G (no offence mate)wish they had one here in cyprus BUT WHEN IN UK ALWAYS FIND ME NOSHING AT B AND K.

IF U HAVENT BEEN GO AND YOULL RETURN TIME AND TIME AGAIN.

RAY BOWLEY
Saturday, September 21, 2013

The food and the people are great, and the service is excellent.

Irene Rendlick
Friday, August 09, 2013

Like others we used to schlep all the way to Brick Lane from west London for our salt beef and although they are good, B&K are simply better as well as having all the extras, chopped herring, chopped liver, salads etc. at a price that wont kill the wallet. Portions are not for the small appetite plenty for dog! Selfridges eat your heart out!!!

Ken & Tija
Friday, May 03, 2013

No visit to London is complete without a visit to our favourite Kosher style restaurant - we travel 500 miles on a regular basis to eat here (the Grandchildren still think we only come to see them!!!!)

We take the children to B & K at least once per visit - and they are so impressed that when asked recently what is their favourite food - "its salt beef, tongue and chicken soup at B & K"

Of course they also mention that "the man who cuts the salt beef is so nice and gives them treats before leaving the restaurant"

Nowhere in London do we feel as welcome by all the Staff, in fact I have been informed it is better than Friday night at Grandmas and Grandpa loves to see the kids eat everything and adds that it is great value for money.

Glasgow Fans - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, March 14, 2013

the best salt beef bar ever and the service is great too

food was generous and service was impeccable very clean and organised

and not expensive, value for money

jay patel
Saturday, December 15, 2012

What can I say that has not been already said about this place! Anyway Iíll try. To say that I love salt beef would be an UNDERSTATEMENT!!! I use to go to the famous Brick Lane deli to sample this delicacy but since I moved to Ruislip it has been more difficult for me to get there. I have also been to Selfridges and although the meat is very good it is quite pricey! Then I saw the light and for this I have to thank my girlfriend who accidentally spotted B&K in Hatch End and as they say, the rest is history. I have been coming here for the last few months every single Sunday except if I am away somewhere. My girlfriend is starting to regret telling me about this place in a sense that for the last few months we have never been to a pub for a Sunday Roast. I can say without a doubt that I am an addicted. I have got some friends from Venice over for Easter and I promised them to pop into B&K before they go back. There are 2 main categories of people going into food business. One is big corporate companies usually creating restaurant chain where they just want to make money and havenít got a clue about food and at the other end, family run restaurants where of course they need to make money but they also love food, they have a passion for it. I donít need to tell you where I stand! Is it my imagination or every time I go the portions get bigger and bigger? I usually find that a lot of chains and chic restaurants put the emphasis mainly in the decor and are usually poor on food in terms of Quality/Quantity/Price while many family run restaurants are the exact opposite!!!! It is the same when it comes to coffee (Starbucks) Great sofas bad coffee , but that is a different story! P.S. Can I give 11 in the rating

Francesco
Sunday, April 08, 2012

great food, great service and value, definitley a plus from me and my guests.

jay patel
Friday, November 11, 2011

Will Eat For Money

Will Eat For Money

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - The salt beef from B&K is brilliant: it has the perfect half-way texture, between chewy and a softness the perfect distance away from mushy. The good quality meat also comes piled high in your sandwich, but not so much that you can't fit it into your mouth. Well judged. The rye bread is good. Studded with caraway seeds, it's the appropriate level of soft and doesn't detract or distract from the meat.