Hamgipak

169 High Street, New Malden, London, KT3 4BH - View on a map

I have read a stunning bad review of this restaurant on this site. When I first saw this I thought it was about some other restaurant, because, by contrast, it is my favourite spot for a meal out.

I have been going to Hamgipak for my special meals for about ten years, travelling all the way from central London, and i have always found the food to be very good. Recently I brought my friend who is a writer of cookery books and she was very happy with the whole meal! I have never been disappointed, and find it excellent value for money, and with good atmosphere from friendly staff. I love specially steamed Pollack!!

Michie
Friday, January 10, 2014

I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. I went to Hamgipak last weekend with my friends and I had the most unpleasant experience ever.

The food was below average and the service I received was absolutely appalling. We were there for about 1:30hr and we got asked (very rudely) to leave as we were told that we were there for too long. It was before 6pm and the restaurant wasn't even half full.

We had ordered an extra dish so told the lady that we're still waiting for our food and she said she would cancel the order for us and she did, without even asking us. I've never been treated like that at a restaurant and I just couldn't believe what happened. All I can say is don't ever go there.

EYJ
Tuesday, August 06, 2013

As a Korean, I wouldnt recommend here.

The portion is small and the quality is not the best for the money value..

As the place is in New Malden (Korean town), you can find better places with better quality of foods for the money you paying. The service was also very bad and unfriendly.

The place was sooooo hot. You see that they do have an aircorn but didnt want to put it on but opened the front door where there were cars driving pass right infront of the restaurant.

Even though, the time my mates and i were there wasnt the peak time, (in fact, it was around 4pm) and we were the only customers in the restaurant, after 1hr and 30mins, they told us to leave coz the place was just a food restaurant where you just eat and leave (like the fast food restaurant), rather than relaxing and enjoying the food.

There are plenty of restaurants in London & New Malden that you can visit and try.

R.Kim
Tuesday, August 06, 2013

I went to Hamgipak today (a friend recommended this restaurant many years ago, but I didn't have the chance to go)

The staff were so friendly and kind, the food was delicious and the portions were pretty decent. Value for money!

The food and the side dishes were very tasty indeed. They used really good quality ingredients for their dishes. I ordered a Galbitang (Beef Rib Stew) - the beef was so tender. Loved it! Would definitely visit again :-)

I have been to a few restaurants in London, but Hamgipak is my favourite restaurant.

I look forward to my next visit :)

Saturday, March 24, 2012