Singapore Garden

83 Fairfax Road, Swiss Cottage, London, NW6 4DY - View on a map

Singapore Garden Restaurant In London

Went here the other night. My husband ordered the signature dish Singapore Laksa which he said was just right. I ordered steamed seabass in ginger and spring onions - delicious and a great healthy option for new mummys trying to shed the baby weight!

Really recommend this lovely place.

Victoria Ashcroft
Sunday, January 12, 2014

Had a great meal there last night. Really pleased we decided to go!

Staff are friendly, food always tasty and consistent.

Couldn't recommend this family run local enough.

Jeremy Gold
Sunday, February 24, 2013

I decided to celebrate my Birthday and can't thank the restaurant ENOUGH for such a great evening. SGR never seem to disappoint.

There was 6 of us in total, we had enough food to feed an army... my favourites were the BBQ Spare Ribs, Kuay Pie Tee, Crispy Aromatic Duck with Pancakes - always moist, never dry. For mains, Singapore Noodles..Szechuan Crispy Beef..

The staff are so attentive and friendly - all of them seemed to be celebrating my birthday with me when the cake came out.

I really recommend this restaurant, for the atmosphere and food. A winning combo which is rare to find in London these days.

Many Thanks SGR!!

Lyla Kerstein
Wednesday, January 23, 2013

This used to be a good restaurant, but it has gone down hill recently. And after the pathetic performance of the manager I will never go back. She is a nightmare and the staff all seem scared of her. Expensive with average food and a useless manager does not make a good night out.

Paddo - View all reviews by this user
Saturday, November 10, 2012

Myself and my husband visited Singapore Garden for a quick pre theatre bite to eat on a Friday evening. When the bill came, as is becoming customary, a 12.5% service charge had been added automatically. We paid by credit card and I asked for the charge to be taken off the bill. Our plan was to leave 10% in cash - an amount we thought more reflective of the average service and also in the hope that a cash tip would actually make it to the pocket of the waiters.

The manager was called over and she proceeded to tell us in no uncertain terms how disgraceful it was that we weren't going to pay the charge as the money went to pay the waiters' wages and that if we weren't prepared to pay the service charge she suggested that we eat at home in the future!!! We were totally gobsmacked!! So rude!! Anybody would have thought we were refusing to pay the whole bill, not a discretionary payment!! A very embarrassing situation especially as all of the tables in the restaurant are very close together (uncomfortably so if you ask me).

Needless to say we left without leaving any tip at all and as we passed the manager at the front desk she muttered 'disgusting' under her breath - great customer service!!

All in all a distressing experience which left us with a very sour taste in our mouth. Anyone eating here can expect ok food but very overpriced. Make sure you pay the tip in cash as it seems to me that there is some dodgy practice going on with the service charge.

Saturday, November 03, 2012